Home Based Businesses

Home based businesses will need the following:

  • Application
  • Home Occupation Affidavit (PDF)
    If you own your home we will need a copy of proof of ownership, which can be found at Brevard County Property Appraiser’s Office.
  • If you are naming your business anything other than your given name, you need to apply for a fictitious name or LLC at Sunbiz before you can apply for your business tax receipt. We need a copy of your fictitious name, incorporated or LLC paperwork from Sunbiz.
  • Property Owner’s Affidavit (DOCX)
    If you do not own your home (if you rent or lease) the owner of the home needs to complete the property owner affidavit form which needs to be notarized.