Section 4. Building Inspection & Permit Fees
- Payment. No permit required under Chapter 6 of the City of Titusville Code of Ordinances shall be issued unless all permit fees and permit fines established by resolution of the City Council are paid in full.
- Revision of permit or plans. Any revision to a permit or plans shall not be approved or issued unless and until any additional revision fees are paid in full.
- Refund. No refund of any permit fees shall be issued after the expiration of 90 calendar days from the date of issuance as stated on such permit. Administrative, application submittal and plan review fees shall not be subject to refund.
- Plan Review fee. The plan review fee shall be fifty % (50%) of the building permit fee. The following construction activities shall be exempt from plan review fees: re-roof, A/C change-out, duct replacement, window/door replacement, electrical service change-out (not upgrade), electrical panel change out (not upgrade), patio slab/pavers, garage door replacement, driveway/sidewalk, pool demolition, water heater change-out, one and two family home renovation without reconfiguration, accessory structure (720 square feet or less), accessory to one and two family residences, pergola accessory to one and two family residences, temporary signs, fences, low voltage wiring ($5,000 and less in value), plumbing water/sewer line replacement, siding, manufactured buildings (except for foundations and modifications of the building site), and other minor electrical, plumbing and mechanical repairs. Plan review requirements for other minor construction activities shall be at the discretion of the Building Official or designee.
- When a plan review fee is required, or a preliminary review of construction plans is requested, a non-refundable application fee shall be paid upon submittal: this fee shall be assessed as per the schedule shown. Application fee shall be credited back as payment towards the building permit/plan review fee at permit issuance.
Application Fee Schedule:
Construction Cost Estimate Provided by Applicant
|Construction Cost Estimate||Fee: One & Two Family||Fee: All Others|
|5,000.01 to 100,000||$50||$100|
|100,000.01 to 200,000||$250||$500|
|200,000.01 to 300,000||$375||$750|
|300,000.01 to 400,000||$500||$1,000|
|400,000.01 to 500,000||$625||$1,250|
- State Mandated Fee. Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board (BCAIB) and the Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB) Homeowners Recovery Fund, both part of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) is 2.5% fee on all building permits. The minimum amount collected on any permit is $4. (FS 468.631, FS 553.721)
- Re-inspection fee. When extra inspection trips are necessary due to, wrong address, third call on failed work, additional work done after inspection has been made, permit card not posted, Notice of Commencement no posted, approved plans not on site or work not ready for inspection when called, a charge of $100 shall be paid prior to final inspection or issuance of a certificate of occupance or completion. At the discretion of the Building Official, the re-inspection fee may be waived due to extenuating circumstances.
- Off-premises signs and billboards. A permit shall be required for the erection, alteration or repair of any existing or new billboard. Changes to the advertising message shall not require a permit. Fees shall be as follows:
- Building Plan Review: $250
- Building Permit: $500
- Annual License/inspection: $200
Table A - Permit Fees by Total Valuation:
|$0 to and including $1,000||$80|
|$1,000.01 to and including $2,000||$100|
|$2000.01 and up to $100,000||$100 for the first $2,000 and $6 for each additional $1,000 in construction value|
|$100,000.01 and up to $500,000||$688 for the first $100,000 and $5 for each additional $1,000 in construction value|
|$500,000.01 and up to $2,000,000||$2,688 for first $500,000 and $3 for each additional $1,000 in construction value|
|$2,000,000.01 and higher||$7,168 for the first $2,000,000 and $2 for each additional $1,000 in construction value|
Permit fees shall be based upon the actual construction cost provided by the applicant. If, in the opinion of the building official, the value of construction cost provided is underestimated on the application, the applicant my provide sufficient evidence in the form of a valid contract or professionally certified construction cost estimate. Otherwise, the building official shall set the valuation of construction cost in accordance with the latest Building Valuation Data as published by the International Code Council (I.C.C) and/or other published source(s).
- Additional Fees and Charges
Table B - Additional Fees & Charges: Based on Value (BOV) of Work
|Billboards||Fee (See Paragraph h)|
|Certificate of Occupancy - Permanent (Paid at time of permit issuance)||N/A|
|Certificates of Occupancy - Temporary (Paid at time of TCO issuance)||$75|
|Certificate of Occupancy Per dwelling/condo unit||N/A|
|Certificate of Occupancy All others (including apartment buildings)||$150|
|Construction Plan Copies (Over 11 inches by 17 inches) 1 hour minimum||$50 per hour plus cost of duplicating|
|Demolition of Building||BOV|
|Duplicate or Revised Permit Card||$25|
|Electrical Meter Reset Inspection||$50|
|Electrical Permit (Stand Alone)||BOV|
|Fire Alarm Permit||Per valuation table (A)|
|Fire Department Fire Suppression and/or Fire Alarm Plan Review||50% for fire permit fee|
|Fire Department Life Safety Plan Review||10% of Building permit fee|
|Fire Department Re-Inspection||See paragraph (g)|
|Fire Line Test (Underground)||$225|
|Fire Suppression Permit||Per valuation table "A"|
|Fuel Gas Permit (Stand Alone)||BOV|
|Mechanical Permit (Stand Alone)||BOV|
|Permit Renewal (Application and plan submittal shall be required if 6 months beyond expiration date)||Original Permit Fee|
|Permit/Plan Review Revision|
Re-Review and re-stamping of plans
|$50 per line item revision, up to but not to exceed original plan review fee|
|Plumbing Permit (Stand Alone)||BOV|
|Re-Inspection (See paragraph g)||$100|
|Signs (Temporary) (Maximum of 10 days) see Titusville LDC 39-155||$50|
|Special Inspection (after-hours, weekend, holiday, arranged two days in advance) Minimum three-hour charge||$75 per hour|
|Temporary Power Pole||$80|
|Temporary Storage Units (per LDR)||$50 per unit|
|Temporary Storage Units - Expired/unpermitted||$35 per day per unit|
|Tents/Temporary Structures (Over 120 square feet and 10 or more occupants)||BOV|
|Unauthorized work started prior to issuance of permit||Double permit fee|
Fees not otherwise classified: If a fee is not specifically provided for in this ordinance, a reasonable fee shall be set by the Building Official.