VETERAN'S DAY TRASH PICKUP - Monday’s (11/11) pickup for garbage and yard trash will be on Tuesday (11/12) and Tuesday’s pickup will be on Wednesday (11/13). There will be no other changes for the week.
The City of Titusville, Florida / Emergency Management / Natural Disasters / HurricanesHurricanes
- Know if you live in an evacuation area. Know your home’s vulnerability to storm surge, flooding and wind. Have a written family plan based on this knowledge.
- At the beginning of hurricane season, check your supplies, replace batteries and use food stocks on a rotating basis.
- During the hurricane season, monitor the tropics.
- Monitor NOAA Weather Radio and local television broadcasts.
- If a storm threatens, heed the advice from local authorities. Evacuate if ordered.
- Execute your family plan.
- Tropical Storm
Winds 39-73 mph
- Category 1 Hurricane
Winds 74-95 mph
No real damage to buildings. Damage to unanchored mobile homes. Some damage to poorly constructed signs.
- Category 2 Hurricane
Winds 96-110 mph
Some damage to building roofs, doors and windows. Considerable damage to mobile homes. Some trees blown down.
- Category 3 Hurricane
Winds 111-130 mph
Some structural damage to small residences and utility buildings. Large trees blown down. Mobile homes and poorly built signs destroyed.
- Category 4 Hurricane
Winds 131-155 mph
Wall failures in homes and complete roof structure failure on small homes. Total destruction of mobile homes. Trees, shrubs, and signs all blown down.
- Category 5 Hurricane
Winds 156 mph and Up
Complete roof failure on homes and industrial buildings. Some complete building failures. Severe and extensive window and door damage.
Email Disclaimer: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.