The City of Titusville, Florida / Emergency Management / City Manager Updates / City Manager Update 06/29/20 - 9AMCity Manager Update 06/29/20 - 9AM
As of Saturday June 27th at 0925am there are 1631 COVID-19 cases (1615 Brevard residents and 16 non-residents) with 108 hospitalizations and 17 fatalities in Brevard County.
The health and safety of our citizens and Staff is the City’s top priority. The City encourages all citizens to continue to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines for physical distancing (six feet or more or approximately 2 arms lengths), washing your hands frequently with soap and water, and wearing a cloth face covering correctly can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 to others.
The Titusville City Council will hold a Special Meeting on Thursday (July 2nd
) at 5:30pm at the Fire Department Headquarters Multipurpose Room 550 S. Washington Ave to consider legislation that mandates the wearing of face masks and/or face covering.
The City’s COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Program, funded by the CARES Act opened applications on June 1st. This program provides assistance with rent and/or utilities, up to three months, for households that have been impacted by the COVID-19 virus and experienced a loss or reduction in income.
Applications are available in person at the Harry T. Moore Center or via email upon request at email@example.com
. Staff anticipates that funds will be available July 1st when HUD approves the City’s amendment to its Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Action Plan. Please call the Titusville Neighborhood Services at 321-567-3987 for additional information.
Parrish Medical Center is providing testing in North Brevard by appointment by calling 321-268-6139 or text “covid test” to 321-204-1699.
Locations and times are:
• Parrish Health and Fitness Center parking lot 2210 Cheney Highway in Titusville on Tuesday afternoons.
• St. James Missionary Baptist Church 2396 Harry T. Moore Ave in Mims on Wednesday afternoons.
• Harry T. Moore Social Services Center 725 S. Deleon Ave Titusville on Thursday afternoons.
• Parrish Medical Offices 7075 US 1 Port St. John on Friday mornings.
• Gibson Youth Center 835 Sycamore St. Titusville on Saturday mornings.
On June 26th
, The Department of Business and Professional Regulation issued Emergency Order 2020-09 which suspends on-premises consumption of alcohol at bars statewide. Here is the link to Order 2020-09: https://capitalsoup.com/2020/06/26/florida-dbpr-issues-emergency-order-2020-09-restricting-sales-of-alcoholic-beverages-for-consumption-on-the-premises/
FL DOH Public Health Advisory on face coverings amendment can be found by clicking here: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/20200622-SOF-DOH-Public-Health-Advisory.pdf
. Surgeon General Rivkees amended the previously issued Public Health Advisory to emphasize that face coverings should be worn in any settings where social distancing is not possible, unless any of the following are applicable:
- A child is under two years of age
- An individual has one or more medical conditions or disabilities that prevent wearing a face covering
- An individual is obtaining a service involving the nose or face for which temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to perform the service
- An individual works in a profession where use of a face covering will not be compatible with the duties of the profession
- An individual is engaged in outdoor work or recreation with appropriate social distancing in place.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has updated its COVID-19 risk criteria for individuals with certain underlying medical conditions. These include:
- Chronic Kidney disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Immunocompromised state
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
To view a complete list of all applicable medical conditions refer to this link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fneed-extra-precautions%2Fgroups-at-higher-risk.html
Florida Department of Health Daily Report: http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/action/report_archive/state/state_reports_latest.pdf
Florida Department of Health Daily Report by County: http://passthrough.fw-notify.net/download/493509/http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/action/report_archive/county/county_reports_latest.pdf