The City of Titusville, Florida / Emergency Management / City Manager Updates / City Manager Update 6/08/20 9amCity of Titusville COVID-19 Update/SITREP as of 08-Jun-20 / 0900
The health and safety of our citizens and Staff is the City’s top priority. City Hall is operating with reduced hours to allow additional cleaning of contact areas. Hours of operations are 9am – noon and 1pm to 4pm.
Parrish Medical Center is providing testing in North Brevard by appointment by calling 321-268-6139 or text “covid test” to 321-204-1699.
Locations and times are:
- Parrish Health and Fitness Center parking lot 2210 Cheney Highway in Titusville on Tuesday afternoons.
- St. James Missionary Baptist Church 2396 Harry T. Moore Ave in Mims on Wednesday afternoons.
- Harry T. Moore Social Services Center 725 S. Deleon Ave Titusville on Thursday afternoons.
- Parrish Medical Offices 7075 US 1 Port St. John on Friday mornings.
- Gibson Youth Center 835 Sycamore St. Titusville on Saturday mornings.
Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-139, declaring that counties may enter Phase 2 (except Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach) effective last Friday, June 5.
Phase 2 includes:
- Restaurants may now allow bar-top seating with appropriate social distancing.
- Bars and pubs may operate at 50 percent capacity inside and full capacity outside with appropriate social distancing. Patrons may only receive service if seated.
- Retail establishments may operate at full capacity with responsible social distancing and sanitization protocols.
- Gyms may operate at full capacity with appropriate social distancing and frequent sanitization.
- Entertainment businesses, including but not limited to movie theaters, concert houses, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys and arcades, may operate at 50 percent capacity with appropriate social distancing and sanitization protocols.
- Personal services businesses, including but not limited to tattoo parlors, acupuncture establishments, tanning salons and massage establishments may operate while adhering to guidance from the Florida Department of Health.
- Individuals over 65 or with underlying medical conditions are strongly encouraged to avoid crowds and take measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- All individuals that work in long term care facilities should be tested for COVID-19 on a routine basis.
- All persons in Florida are encouraged to avoid congregating in groups larger than 50.
Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-137 which extends the mortgage foreclosure and eviction moratorium until July 1, 2020.
Brevard County Parks and Recreation announced that rentals are now available for groups of 50 people or less. All Brevard County campgrounds are reopened to 100% capacity.
The Housing and Human Services Coronavirus Assistance Program application form can be found at http://www.brevardfl.gov/HumanServices/Announcements
The Salvation Army Brevard Domestic Violence Program has implemented a “phone text/web chat” communication tool for survivors/victims to safely utilize in order to seek help or assistance. The 24/7 Domestic Violence Hotline number is 321-631-2764. Text/Web Chat available Monday –Friday from 9am to 6pm text to: 321-450 HEAL (4325). Chat at www.rc.chat/tsadvp
The CDC has updated the “Guidance for Communities, Schools, and Workplaces, and Events” . This website is found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html
Florida Department of Health COVID-19: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
Florida Department of Health Daily Report: http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/action/report_archive/state/state_reports_latest.pdf
Florida Department of Health Daily Report by County: http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/action/report_archive/county/county_reports_latest.pdf
The next update is Thursday June 11 / 1000.
City Manager | Titusville Florida