The City of Titusville, Florida / Emergency Management / City Manager Updates / City Manager Update 4/28/20 - 9amCity of Titusville COVID-19 Update/SITREP as of 28-Apr-20 / 0900
The health and safety of our citizens and Staff is the City’s top priority. All City facilities remain closed to the general public. City employees are working to serve our community like always. Staff continues to provide essential services to citizens through the preferred use of technology and telephones. Public Safety, Public Works, and Water Resources departments continue essential services with minimum disruptions.
The pandemic currently affects over 185 countries, with more than 3,029,452 cases worldwide, including 983,848 cases in the United States. There are 266 confirmed COVID-19 cases, and 8 deaths in Brevard County.
The CDC has provided tips for coping with stress during COVID-19, visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/index.html
For information from the Florida Department of Health state wide daily report can be found at this link: floridadisaster.org/globalassets/covid19/dailies/covid-19-data---daily-report-2020-04-27-0949.pdf
For information from the Florida Department of Health specific county daily report can be found at this link:
The City of Titusville is following the Governor of Florida Executive Order 20-69 “Emergency Management – COVID -19 Local Government Public Meetings” and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for social distancing of crowds or congregations of 10 or more people ensuring, at a minimum, a 6-foot distance between any group of people. Temporary meeting rules have been established for the upcoming Regular City Council Meeting scheduled for Tuesday April 28th at 6:30 p.m. Citizens may view the meeting on the City’s YouTube channel livestream at: www.youtube.com/CityOfTitusville
. The link for the April 28th Regular City Council Meeting agenda is: www.titusville.com/Agendas.asp?AMID=2915
The rules will be published in the lobby of city hall, the city website, as well as our social media sites.
The rules include:
1. Only one member of the public will be allowed in the Council Chambers at a time to speak.
2. Seating for those members of the public wishing to speak in the Council Chambers will be provided within City Hall in accordance with policies from federal, state and local health officials for social distancing and group gatherings. A closed circuit television will be set up in the lobby to view the Council meeting live.
3. Individual speakers shall enter the Council Chambers when directed to do so and shall be heard in accordance with the City’s policies for public participation.
4. No tripods, easels, props, or other demonstration aides shall be permitted within the Council Chambers. Speakers are permitted to have a sign with them during their designated speaking time provided that the sign is held by the speaker and is to be removed at the conclusion for their speaking time.
5. Speakers who appear in person will be subject to screen for symptoms of COVID-19 and any persons exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter City Hall.
6. As an additional method for public participation the public may submit written comments via email to email@example.com or by regular mail to: City Council at City Hall 555 S. Washington Ave Titusville Fl 32796. All comments must be received not later than 5 pm on Tuesday April 28th . All comments will be disseminated to the City Council members and made a part of the public record prior to any action being taken by City Council.
Rumor: Ozone therapy is a cure for COVID-19.
Reality: Ozone therapy does not cure COVID-19.
Rumor: Over the counter at-home COVID-19 antibody tests are valid.
Reality: Over the counter at-home COVID-19 antibody tests are not scientifically proven to be valid.
The next update is Wednesday (29-Apr) / 0900.
City Manager | Titusville Florida