The City of Titusville, Florida / Emergency Management / City Manager Updates / City Manager Update 04/27/20 - 9AMCity Manager Update 04/27/20 - 9AM
The health and safety of our citizens and Staff is the City’s top priority. All City facilities remain closed to the general public. City employees are working to serve our community like always. Staff continues to provide essential services to citizens through the preferred use of technology and telephones. Public Safety, Public Works, and Water Resources departments continue essential services with minimum disruptions.
The pandemic currently affects over 185 countries, with more than 2,962,915 cases worldwide, including 961,969 cases in the United States. There are 252 confirmed COVID-19 cases, and 8 deaths in Brevard County.
The regional testing site at the Orange County Convention Center will administer up to 750 tests per day to individuals with respiratory symptoms or preexisting conditions, regardless of age. It is free of charge and no appointment is necessary.
Florida Department of Health in Brevard will offer free COVID-19 testing to anyone who is symptomatic. Call 321-454-7141 for an appointment.
Update on Parrish Healthcare COVID-19 testing: Parrish Healthcare, in collaboration with OMNI Healthcare, set to open North Brevard’s first COVID-19 drive-thru test collection site at its Parrish Health & Fitness Center located at 2210 Cheney Highway (Hwy. 50), Titusville, FL 32780. The site opened to public beginning today Monday, April 27, 2020. Testing will be done by appointment only. Pre-registration is required to schedule an appointment.
For fast and easy pre-registration text “COVID test” to (321) 204-1966, or visit parrishhealthcare.com/COVID19Registration. Individuals who do not have ready access to a mobile device or computer can call the answering service at (321) 268-6139.
Once registered, you will be given an appointment time to arrive at the Parrish Health & Fitness Center drive-thru location. Insurance information will be requested; however there will be zero out-of-pocket expense for this test.
Parrish Healthcare providers will administer the test. Once the test is administered it will be processed using the RT-PCR test approved by the FDA. Test results are expected within 48-hours. A Parrish Medical Group physician will review the results with each patient via Telehealth (virtual) services and provide next steps.
Health First is offering drive-up testing for first responders; call 321-434-3131 for appointment. Must show identification and credentials.
Governor DeSantis has directed Surgeon General Dr. Scott Rivkees on an emergency temporary basis to allow licensed pharmacists in Florida to order and administer COVID-19 tests in an effort to increase testing.
The City of Titusville is following the Governor of Florida Executive Order 20-69 “Emergency Management – COVID -19 Local Government Public Meetings” and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for social distancing of crowds or congregations of 10 or more people ensuring, at a minimum, a 6-foot distance between any group of people. Temporary meeting rules have been established for the upcoming Regular City Council Meeting scheduled for Tuesday April 28th at 6:30 p.m. Citizens may view the meeting through the City’s website livestream YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/user/CityOfTitusville/videos. The link for the April 28th Regular City Council Meeting agenda is: https://www.titusville.com/Agendas.asp?AMID=2915
The rules will be published in the lobby of city hall, the city website, as well as our social media sites.
The rules include:
1. Only one member of the public will be allowed in the Council Chambers at a time to speak.
2. Seating for those members of the public wishing to speak in the Council Chambers will be provided within City Hall in accordance with policies from federal, state and local health officials for social distancing and group gatherings. A closed circuit television will be set up in the lobby to view the Council meeting live.
3. Individual speakers shall enter the Council Chambers when directed to do so and shall be heard in accordance with the City’s policies for public participation.
4. No tripods, easels, props, or other demonstration aides shall be permitted within the Council Chambers. Speakers are permitted to have a sign with them during their designated speaking time provided that the sign is held by the speaker and is to be removed at the conclusion for their speaking time.
5. Speakers who appear in person will be subject to screen for symptoms of COVID-19 and any persons exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter City Hall.
6. As an additional method for public participation the public may submit written comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to: City Council at City Hall 555 S. Washington Ave Titusville Fl 32796. All comments must be received not later than 5 pm on Tuesday April 28th . All comments will be disseminated to the City Council members and made a part of the public record prior to any action being taken by City Council.
Rumor: Drinking or injecting bleach, rubbing alcohol, or other disinfectants is a treatment or cure for COVID-19. Reality: Drinking or injecting bleach, rubbing alcohol, or other disinfectants is not a treatment or cure for COVID-19.
Caution: The IRS warns taxpayers to be aware of scammers who:
- Use words such as “stimulus check” or “stimulus payment” instead of the official term, “economic impact payment”
- Ask you to “sign up” for your economic impact payment check
- Contact you by phone, email, text, or social media for verification of personal and/or banking information to receive or speed up your economic impact payment