The health and safety of our citizens and Staff is the City’s top priority. All City facilities remain closed to the general public. City employees are working to serve our community like always. Staff continues to provide essential services to citizens through the preferred use of technology and telephones. Public Safety, Public Works, and Water Resources departments continue essential services with minimum disruptions.
The pandemic currently affects over 185 countries, with more than 2,682,225 cases worldwide, including 856,209 cases in the United States. There are 235 confirmed COVID-19 cases, and 8 deaths in Brevard County.
Brevard County Public Schools will not be distributing meals on Friday April 24th . Meal distribution will resume on Monday April 27th
Update on Parrish Healthcare Care Partners and First Responder testing: Parrish Healthcare, in collaboration with OMNI Healthcare, will open North Brevard’s first COVID-19 drive-thru test collection site at Parrish Health & Fitness Center located at 2210 Cheney Highway (Hwy. 50), Titusville, FL 32780. Priority appointments are being scheduled for care partners and first responders Thursday, April 23 and Friday, April 24. The site will not be open to the public on Thursday or Friday. You must pre-register to schedule an appointment. You will be asked to provide insurance information; however no copay will be collected. Care partners and first responders will experience zero our-of-pocket expense for this test. To pre-register call (321) 204-1966 or (321) 268-6139. You can also register online at parrishhealthcare.com/COVID19Registration. Once registered, you will be given an appointment time to arrive at the Parrish Health & Fitness Center drive-thru location. Parrish Healthcare providers will administer the test. Once the test is administered it will be processed using the RT-PCR test approved by the FDA. Test results are expected within 48-hours. A Parrish Medical Group physician will review the results with each patient via Telehealth (virtual) services and provide next steps.
The City of Titusville is following the Governor of Florida Executive Order 20-69 “Emergency Management – COVID -19 Local Government Public Meetings” and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for social distancing of crowds or congregations of 10 or more people ensuring, at a minimum, a 6-foot distance between any group of people. Temporary meeting rules have been established for the upcoming Regular City Council Meeting scheduled for Tuesday April 28th at 6:30 p.m. Citizens may view the meeting through the City’s website livestream YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/user/CityOfTitusville/videos. The link for the April 28th Regular City Council Meeting agenda is: https://www.titusville.com/Agendas.asp?AMID=2915
The rules will be published in the lobby of city hall, the city website, as well as our social media sites.
The rules include:
1. Only one member of the public will be allowed in the Council Chambers at a time to speak.
2. Seating for those members of the public wishing to speak in the Council Chambers will be provided within City Hall in accordance with policies from federal, state and local health officials for social distancing and group gatherings. A closed circuit television will be set up in the lobby to view the Council meeting live.
3. Individual speakers shall enter the Council Chambers when directed to do so and shall be heard in accordance with the City’s policies for public participation.
4. No tripods, easels, props, or other demonstration aides shall be permitted within the Council Chambers. Speakers are permitted to have a sign with them during their designated speaking time provided that the sign is held by the speaker and is to be removed at the conclusion for their speaking time.
5. Speakers who appear in person will be subject to screen for symptoms of COVID-19 and any persons exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter City Hall.
6. As an additional method for public participation the public may submit written comments via email to email@example.com or by regular mail to: City Council at City Hall 555 S. Washington Ave Titusville Fl 32796. All comments must be received not later than 5 pm on Tuesday April 28th . All comments will be disseminated to the City Council members and made a part of the public record prior to any action being taken by City Council.
Governor DeSantis is expected to announce plans to return Florida back to work today April 24th at the 2pm press conference.
Rumor: A website posted an article yesterday incorrectly claiming that the City of Melbourne is defying the Governor’s Executive Order regarding essential businesses and activities. Reality: Unless extended or rescinded, the entire state remains under the Governor’s Executive Order 20-91 through April 30, 2020. The City of Melbourne nor any City in Florida does not have the authority to supersede the order or to add essential businesses on its own.
Email Disclaimer: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
P. O. Box 2806, (32781-2806) - 555 S. Washington Avenue - Titusville, FL 32796 - Phone: (321) 567-3775 - Fax: (321) 383-5704 - Site by Project A