The health and safety of our citizens and Staff is the City’s top priority. All City facilities remain closed to the general public. City employees are working to serve our community like always. Staff continues to provide essential services to citizens through the preferred use of technology and telephones. Public Safety, Public Works, and Water Resources departments continue essential services with minimum disruptions.
The pandemic currently affects over 185 countries, with more than 2,463,357 cases worldwide, including 778,176 cases in the United States. There are 218 confirmed COVID-19 cases, and 7 deaths in Brevard County.
The City of Titusville is following the Governor of Florida Executive Order 20-69 “Emergency Management – COVID -19 Local Government Public Meetings” and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for social distancing of crowds or congregations of 10 or more people ensuring, at a minimum, a 6-foot distance between any group of people. Temporary meeting rules have been established for the upcoming Regular City Council Meeting scheduled for Tuesday April 28th at 6:30 p.m. Citizens may view the meeting through the City’s website livestream YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/user/CityOfTitusville/videos
The rules will be published in the lobby of city hall, the city website, as well as our social media sites.
The rules include:
1. Only one member of the public will be allowed in the Council Chambers at a time to speak.
2. Seating for those members of the public wishing to speak in the Council Chambers will be provided within City Hall in accordance with policies from federal, state and local health officials for social distancing and group gatherings. A closed circuit television will be set up in the lobby to view the Council meeting live.
3. Individual speakers shall enter the Council Chambers when directed to do so and shall be heard in accordance with the City’s policies for public participation.
4. No tripods, easels, props, or other demonstration aides shall be permitted within the Council Chambers. Speakers are permitted to have a sign with them during their designated speaking time provided that the sign is held by the speaker and is to be removed at the conclusion for their speaking time.
5. Speakers who appear in person will be subject to screen for symptoms of COVID-19 and any persons exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter City Hall.
6. As an additional method for public participation the public may submit written comments via email to email@example.com or by regular mail to: City Council at City Hall 555 S. Washington Ave Titusville Fl 32796. All comments must be received not later than 5 pm on Tuesday April 28th . All comments will be disseminated to the City Council members and made a part of the public record prior to any action being taken by City Council.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued new guidance to nursing homes - requiring them to report COVID-19 cases/deaths directly to the CDC and inform residents and their families when cases occur within their facilities.
The CDC published new forecasts of COVID-19 deaths at national and state levels, drawing from models from Los Alamos National Lab, IHME, and Columbia University based on different ranges of social distancing:
President Trump announced plans to use the Defense Production Act to help with the production of swabs needed for COVID-19 testing. The President stated that two plants will produce 20 million swabs per month.
For information on food pantry locations and how to access help, utilize the United Way of Brevard’s COVID-19 Community Resource guide by clicking here: https://online.uwbrevard.org/servlet/eAndar.article/685/-19-COVIDCommunity-Resources
It is recommended that you call ahead to verify availability
Florida Department of Education’s Office of Early Learning has prioritized and increased access to child care services for first responders and health care professionals. First responders and health care workers needing help finding a child care provider should contact their local early learning coalition for assistance. Click here to find a map of Early Learning Providers throughout the state: http://www.floridaearlylearning.com/
The Florida Department of Health’s Division of Disease Control and Health Protection COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard link: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429
For information from the Florida Department of Health daily report can be found at this link: https://floridadisaster.org/globalassets/covid19/dailies/covid-19-data---daily-report-2020-04-19-1644.pdf .
The Governor’s Executive Committee of the Re-Open Florida Task Force convened today. Task Force working groups are made up of the industries in the chart below and grouped by Low, Medium and High Risk. Risk refers to the potential risk by sector of job loss.
||Accomodation and Food (tourism)
||Recreation and Sports
|Finance and Insurance
The next update is Wednesday (22-Apr) /0900.
City Manager | Titusville Florida