The City of Titusville, Florida / Community Development / Community Redevelopment Agency / Bicyclists & Boaters Business Friendly ProgramBicyclists & Boaters Business Friendly ProgramBicyclists & Boaters Bring Business
Titusville’s Bicyclists & Boaters Friendly Business Program
The City of Titusville is strategically located at the convergence of three (3) major trails, the Coast to Coast Trail; the St. Johns to Sea Loop Trail; and the East Coast Greenway Trail. The City is also situated on the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway, on which many people come to kayak and on which the City has a full service marina with transient dockage. The trails and waterway bring potential customers into Titusville, many of which come from some distance. The dollars they bring can be significant.
In order to capitalize on the bicycle and boat tourists visiting downtown Titusville, local downtown businesses can take steps to attract these visitors by being bicyclist and boater friendly. To assist downtown Titusville businesses in this endeavor, the City of Titusville Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) has created a “Bicyclists & Boaters Business Friendly Program”.
How to Become a Bicyclist & Boater Friendly Designated Business:
Downtown businesses that agree to meet or provide at least eight (8) of the following criteria can be a designated Bicyclists & Boater Friendly Designated Business:
Advantages to being a designated Bicyclist & Boater Friendly Business:
- Display or have maps of the Titusville area available
- Know answers to likely visiting bicyclist-boater questions, such as:
- Where is the nearest bike shop?
- Where is the nearest hardware store?
- Where is an ATM?
- Where is WiFi available?
- Where are grocery stores, restaurants, snack bars, etc. located?
- Where is the nearest hospital or nearest walk-in medical clinic?
- Have key equipment like locks, air pump, and basic repair tools available for use.
- Be a Downtown Ambassador – keep an eye out for people who seem unsure of where to go.
- Offer temporary storage space for helmets, back packs, and purchases.
- Publicize that cyclists and boaters are welcome.
- Sell postage stamps and accept outgoing mail.
- Provide space to recharge cell phones.
- Have bike racks or an area to secure bicycles at your place of business.
- Provide handout promo material and coupons to the Titusville Marina.
- Have small Titusville mementos for sale.
By becoming a Bicyclist & Boater Friendly Business and participating in the program, downtown Titusville businesses will receive the following promotion and highlights by the Titusville CRA:
Participating Businesses & Organizations
- Designation on the two Downtown Business Directory Signs. One located on the converged Coast to Coast/St. Johns to Sea Loop/East Coast Greenway trail.
- Business Directory maps with Bicyclist-Boater Friendly businesses noted on the map which will be distributed at the Downtown Welcome Center and at the Titusville Marina.
- Listed on the City’s Economic Development & Community Redevelopment web pages.
- Provided with a window decal designating the business is an official “Titusville Bicyclist-Boater Friendly Business”.
- Supplied with Downtown Maps for distribution.
- Promotional handouts will be distributed in welcome bags to boaters at the Titusville Marina.
||330 S. Washington Ave.
|American Space Museum
||308 Pine Street
|About An Inch Hair and Nails
||214 Julia Street
|Sunrise Bread Company
||315 S. Hopkins Avenue
|The Grand Martini
||345 S. Washington Avenue
||451 Marina Road
|Pam Myers Realty
||414 Garden Street
|North Brevard Historical Museum
||301 S. Washington Avenue
|Crescent Coffee Company
||311 S. Washington Avenue
|Coast to Coast Bicycle Company
||419 S. Hopkins Ave.
|Kayak, Surfboard, and Stand Up Paddleboard
Sales and Rentals
|3405 S. Washington Ave.
|Cliff Shuler Auctioneers & Liquidators, Inc./Shuler & Shuler Real Estate Auctioneers
||422 Julia Street
|Playalinda Brewing Company
||305 S. Washington Ave.
|Hot Point Boutique
||326 S. Washington Ave.
|The Downtown Art Gallery
||335 S. Washington Ave.
For more information on the Bicyclists & Boater Friendly Business Program, contact Tim Ford at 321-567-3860 or email email@example.com