The City of Titusville, Florida / Community Development / Economic Development / IncentivesIncentivesLOCAL INCENTIVES
Ad Valorem Tax Abatement
– City of Titusville – Contact City of Titusville Economic Development Office Phone: 321.567.3774
Who is eligible? New business locating/ relocating to Titusville and the expansion of a business already located in Titusville that meet the following criteria:
Ad Valorem Tax Abatement
- Key Florida Industries: Cleantech, Life Sciences, Information Technology, Aviation/Aerospace, Homeland Security/Defense, Financial/Professional Services, Manufacturing, Emerging Technologies, Corporate Headquarters, excluding retail.
- A Business that makes a positive contribution to the economy of Titusville in terms of new jobs and improvements to real and personal property.
Definition of New Business: as defined in Section 196.012 (15), Florida Statute
Definition of Expansion: as defined in Section 196.012 (16), Florida Statute
– Brevard County – Contact Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast
Toll Free: 800.535.0203
Brevard County offers the Ad Valorem Tax Abatement (AVT) program to eligible companies that meet job creation, wage and capital investment criteria. The AVT program provides a substantial temporary reduction for up to 10 years on certain property taxes paid on new tangible personal property and/or new construction. The AVT program is an incentive for both new companies considering a presence in Brevard County and existing companies considering an expansion of operations.
*New* CRA Commercial Interior Building Renovation Incentive Grant Program
The Titusville Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) has created a Commercial Interior Renovation Incentive Grant Program to assist in the renovation of the interiors of older and historic commercial and mixed-use buildings in the downtown CRA district. The Commercial Interior Building Renovation Program offers financial assistance in the form of a reimbursable, matching (50%) grant to the property owner or business owner for eligible expenses associated with the renovation or rehabilitation of the interior elements of the commercial and mixed use operating space. Items eligible for funding under the program are limited to the following permanent improvements:
For details about the grant program please see the following:
Please contact Tim Ford, Redevelopment Planner at (321)567-3860 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Brownfields - Information and Incentives
– Incentives and Tax-Based Credits
Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast
- Brevard County Economic Development Organization
Florida Power & Light
– Economic Development Office http://www.poweringflorida.com/fpl-incentives/
Foreign Trade Zone #136 – Port Canaveral http://www.portcanaveral.com/Cargo-Trade/FTZ-136
The Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) program assists small businesses in urban and rural communities gain preferential access to federal procurement opportunities. Lean more at http://www.sba.gov/hubzone/
Is your location in a HUBZone? Click on web address for map http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/
North Brevard Economic Development Zone
Created in July 2011 by the Brevard County (Florida) Board of Commissioners, the North Brevard Economic Development Zone (NBEDZ) or "Zone," is a special dependent district under Florida Statute, Chapters 125 and 189. The Zone was formed with the goal of facilitating job growth and economic development in the northern part of Brevard County following the end of NASA's Space Shuttle program. In that regard, the Zone seeks to provide financial assistance to businesses prepared to make a substantial capital investment in the area and create a significant number of new jobs. The Zone's Economic Development Plan
, containing the eligibility criteria for program participation, is available @ www.NBEDZ.com
- Opportunity Zone
- currently under construction - current information
Florida Job Growth Grant Fund
CareerSource Florida Training Grants
Enterprise Florida Inc.
– Tax Advantages in Florida
Sales and Use Tax Exemptions on…
- Machinery and equipment used by a new or expanding Florida business to manufacture, produce or process tangible personal property for sale
- Labor, parts and materials used in repair of and incorporated into machinery and equipment
- Electricity used in the manufacturing process
- Certain boiler fuels (including natural gas) used in the manufacturing process
- Semiconductor, defense and space technology-based industry transactions involving manufacturing equipment
- Machinery and equipment used predominantly in research and development
- Labor component of research and development expenditures
- Commercial space activity — launch vehicles, payloads and fuel, machinery and equipment for production of items used exclusively at Spaceport Florida
- Aircraft parts, modification, maintenance and repair, sale or lease of qualified aircraft
- Production companies engaged in Florida in the production of motion pictures, made for television motion pictures, television series, commercial music videos or sound recordings.