ROAD CLOSURE NOTICE: S. Park Avenue at Smith Lane (south side of Smith) will be closed for TWO WEEKS starting October 15 at approximately 6 a.m. The road will be closed 24-hours a day throughout the time period. A detour will run through Smith Ln. out to Park Avenue and the side streets such as Rosella and Tudor.
P.O. BOX 2806 ZIP 32781
725 S. De Leon Avenue, Suite 113
Titusville, FL 32780
Contact: Terrie Franklin, Director
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The City of Titusville, Florida / Community Development / Neighborhood Services / Housing / GOALS & PROGRAMSGoals & Programs
To achieve our goals, the following programs have been developed:
The goals of the Housing Division are to develop viable urban communities by providing decent, affordable housing as a suitable living environment and to expand economic opportunities, principally to persons of low and moderate income. Funding is provided through federal and state grants.
- Substantial Rehabilitation of single-family owner-occupied homes - This HOME & SHIP program provides a maximum of $50,000, which includes construction and soft costs, per single-family home in assistance to eligible Titusville homeowners to address code violations and substandard living conditions. Assistance is in the form of a Deferred Payment Loan (DPL) over a 5, 10, or 15 year period.
- Emergency Rehabilitation of single-family owner-occupied homes - This SHIP program provides a maximum of $5,000 per single-family home in assistance to eligible Titusville homeowners to address immediate life and/or health safety hazards. Assistance is in the form of a grant with no repayment.
- Demolition Program - This CDBG program provides assistance to eligible property owners seeking to eliminate substandard, dilapidated, vacant structures on their property.
The Department provides funding and oversees the implementation of the following programs:
- Sidewalk Improvement Program
- Street Improvement Program
- Subsidized Child Care Program through the Early Learning Coalition
- First-Time Homebuyer Program
- Senior Nutritional Meal Program a.k.a. Meals on Wheels through Aging Matters of Brevard
- Healthy Homes Program and Project Maybe through North Brevard Charities
- Neighborhood Improvement through Code Enforcement (N.I.C.E.) Program through the Titusville Police Department
Email Disclaimer: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.