ROAD CLOSURE NOTICE: S. Park Avenue at Smith Lane (south side of Smith) will be closed for TWO WEEKS starting October 15 at approximately 6 a.m. The road will be closed 24-hours a day throughout the time period. A detour will run through Smith Ln. out to Park Avenue and the side streets such as Rosella and Tudor.
P. O. Box 2806, (32781-2806)
555 S. Washington Avenue
Titusville, FL 32796
Contact: Amelia Robinson
Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
The City of Titusville, Florida / City Manager's Office / Internal Auditor / Goals of Internal Audit
Goals of Internal Audit Activities
Internal audit activities are designed to provide reasonable assurance that strategic issues and areas of emphasis of the City Council are met economically and efficiently. To that end, the following goals are established:
1. To issue audit reports, conducted in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards, that:
- Determine the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information.
- Determine if a program's internal control structure is adequately designed and implemented to achieve control objectives.
- Determine the efficiency and effectiveness of City programs and services.
- Determine if operations are in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Determine if City resources are adequately safeguarded against loss, waste, and abuse.
- Determine if results of operations and programs are consistent with established objectives and goals, and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Recommend cost effective improvements in each of the above areas.
2. To issue objective studies of critical issues that aid in the decision-making process by the City Council and Leadership Team.
3. To promote efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability with the City Council, Leadership Team, the general population of City employees, and the Public.
Email Disclaimer: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.