Martin Luther King Week – City Hall will be closed on Monday, January 21. Monday’s (1/21) pickup for garbage and yard trash will be on Tuesday (1/22). Tuesday’s (1/22) pickup will be on Wednesday (1/23). There will be no other changes for the week.
Despite government shutdowns, the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge visitor center is still open.
P.O. Box 2806 (32781-2806)
555 S. Washington Avenue
Titusville, FL 32796
The City of Titusville, Florida / Community Development / Development Services / Business Tax Receipts
The City of Titusville welcomes you to our community as a new business owner.
Steps to Obtain a City of Titusville Business Tax Receipt
- Confirm zoning compatibility: Titusville's Planning Department can confirm the proposed business is compatible with the zoning and land use regulations. The Planning Department can be reached at 321.567.3782.
- Obtain state licenses (if applicable): If your business requires a state license from any division of the State of Florida, you must obtain your state license before applying for a City Business Tax Receipt. For more information, please refer to the "State of Florida Regulated Businesses".
- Register a fictitious name (if applicable): If the proposed business will be named anything other than the full legal name of the owner or the legal corporate name of a corporation, a fictitious name (or DBA - Doing Business As) must be registered with the State. To register a fictitious name or LLC please visit www.sunbiz.org or call 850.487.6058.
- Register a corporation or LLC (if applicable): Any entity that transacts business as a corporation is required to submit documents of incorporation or authorization with the State Division of Corporations. Proof of active status, such as a copy of corporation or LLC documentation, must be submitted with your application for a City of Titusville Business Tax Receipt. Additional information is available via phone at 850.488.9000.
- Apply for a Brevard County BTR: Once you have obtained the City of Titusville Business Tax Receipt, you must apply for a Brevard County Business Tax Receipt. The Brevard County BTR Office can be reached at 321.264.6910.
Email Disclaimer: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.