The City of Titusville, Florida / Community Development / Neighborhood Services / Housing / GOALS & PROGRAMS / Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation ProgramOwner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program
NEW APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED STARTING SEPTEMBER 4, 2018 UNTIL THE WAITING LIST HAS RECEIVED SUFFICIENT NAMES TO EXPEND THE GRANT FUNDS (APPROX. 25).
ACCEPTANCE OF AN APPLICATION DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL QUALIFY FOR THE PROGRAM. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THE BELOW INFORMATION AND THE ATTACHED POLICY TO ENSURE THERE ARE NO ISSUES THAT WOULD PREVENT YOU FROM QUALIFYING FOR ASSISTANCE IN THE FUTURE.
NOTE- THIS IS A FIRST-QUALIFIED, FIRST-READY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM.
The Housing Rehabilitation Program is designed to assist very low- and low-income home owners with minimum housing repairs to eliminate housing code violations. Through this program, the City of Titusville will help provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing for the residents of Titusville and contribute to a long-term and viable housing stock for the future.
Priority assistance is given to "special needs" individuals as defined by Statute.
The following requirements must be met:
- Location - Property must be located within the city limits of Titusville.
- Property Ownership - The property must be owner-occupied. You will need to provide a copy of your deed. Mortgage and property taxes must be current. You will need to provide mortgage statements and proof of paid taxes.
- Must have owned and occupied the home for at least one year.
- Must have homeowner's insurance coverage, including hurricane damage
- The housing unit must fails to meet one or more building code conditions. Minimum amount of repairs needed is $2000.00.
- Properties with extraneous junk and debris, excessive overgrowth, and vehicles in violation of Sections 12-23, 13-26, and 13-73 respectively of the City’s Code of Ordinances shall be declared ineligible for assistance, and shall not be reconsidered for the program until such time the violations have been corrected to the satisfaction of the City.
- The value of the property after rehab must not exceed the affordable housing amount for existing homes in the City of Titusville; current limit is $160,000.
- Reasonable maintenance and care of the property by the owners has been made over the years and appears will continue.
- Income Verification - Your income must be within the limits specified by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). You will need to provide proof of income for all members of the household. Self-employed applicants must provide profit and loss statements and/or a signed copy of your last year tax return. Income includes, but is not limited to, wages, social security, SSI, disability, pension, child support, and interest income.
2018 INCOME GUIDELINES (subject to change)
Max household income based on household size
SIZE ANNUAL INCOME
1 Person $36,300
2 Persons $41,500
3 Persons $46,700
4 Persons $51,800
5 Persons $56,000
6 Persons $60,150
7 Persons $64,300
8 Persons $68,450
- Assets Verification - You will be required to provide proof of all assets, such as machinery, vehicles, checking accounts, savings accounts, stocks, bonds, IRA's, retirement accounts (such as 401k), life insurance policies, etc.
- The City offers several types of assistance designed as deferred loans, such as Emergency Repairs, Rehabilitation, and Foreclosure Prevention programs.
For specific details on the City of Titusville's Housing Rehabilitation Programs click on the PDF file below.
For those homeowners that do not qualify for the City's program, or prefer not to have a lien on their home and may be looking for funding alternatives to make repairs to your home, the City is pleased to pass along the following information:
The SELF Program is available in certain low-income areas of Titusville. This Program offers un-secured, low-interest loans for weatherization and energy improvements such as roofs, windows, air conditioning and heating systems, insulation, water heaters, and solar improvements. To learn more about this Program click on the links provided below.
The above document(s) are Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files and may be viewed using the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™. Most newer web browsers already contain the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ plug-in. However, if you need it, click on the "Get Acrobat® Reader™" icon to download it now.