Christmas Week – Tuesday’s pickup for garbage and yard trash will be on Wednesday. There are no other changes for the week.
New Year’s Week – Tuesday’s pickup for garbage, recycle and yard waste will be on Wednesday. There are no other changes for the week.
The City of Titusville, Florida / Fire & Emergency Services / NewsNational Severe Weather Preparedness Week
Proactive steps of knowing your risk:
||"BE A FORCE OF NATURE: TAKE THE NEXT STEP!
National Severe Weather Preparedness Week
March 2-8, 2014
In the Year 2013:
- Being Prepared.
- Taking appropriate actions before, during and after extreme weather.
- Saving lives by inspiring others to do the same through social media and face-to-face conversations with your friends, family and neighbors.
Steps to Follow:
- Seven weather and climate disaster events resulted in losses exceeding $1 billion in the United States.
- Events included five severe weather and tornado events, a major flood event, and the western drought/heat wave.
- Total of 109 people died and there were significant economic effects on the areas impacted.
Steps to be Better Prepared:
- Know your risk.
- Take action.
- Be an example.
- Be Informed, learn protective measures to take before, during, and after an emergency.
- Make A Plan, prepare, plan and stay informed for emergencies.
- Build A Kit, for disasters to be prepared.
- Get Involved, find opportunities to support community preparedness.
Email Disclaimer: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.