ROAD CLOSURE NOTICE: S. Park Avenue at Smith Lane (south side of Smith) will be closed for TWO WEEKS starting October 15 at approximately 6 a.m. The road will be closed 24-hours a day throughout the time period. A detour will run through Smith Ln. out to Park Avenue and the side streets such as Rosella and Tudor.
The City of Titusville, Florida / Emergency Management / NewsEmergency Preparedness: Make A Plan
Prepare your family for emergencies such as hurricanes. Make a plan today.
- Make a Family Emergency Plan. Your family may not be together when disaster strikes, so it is important to know how you will contact one another, how you will get back together and what you will do in case of an emergency
- Plan places where your family will meet, both within and outside of your immediate neighborhood.
- It may be easier to make a long-distance phone call than to call across town, so an out-of-town contact may be in a better position to communicate among separated family members.
- You may also want to inquire about emergency plans at places where your family spends time: work, daycare and school. If no plans exist, consider volunteering to help create one.
Plan to Evacuate
- Identify ahead of time where your family will meet, both within and outside of your immediate neighborhood.
- Identify several places you could go in an emergency, a friend's home in another town, a motel or public shelter.
- If you do not have a car, plan alternate means of evacuating.
- If you have a car, keep a half tank of gas in it at all times in case you need to evacuate.
- Take your Emergency Supply Kit.
- Take your pets with you, but understand that only service animals may be permitted in public shelters. Plan how you will care for your pets in an emergency.
For more information on how to develop a Family Emergency Plan, assemble an Emergency Supply Kit or prepare a Pet Emergency Plan, visit FEMA's website at www.ready.gov for on-line templates and other easy to use tools to help your family become prepared for emergencies.
For additional emergency information, contact Titusville Fire and Emergency Services at 383-5708, www.titusville.com. Remember to:
GET A KIT, GET A PLAN, BE INFORMED!
Email Disclaimer: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.