The City of Titusville, Florida / Water Resources / NewsTitusville Water System Maintenance to Begin June 8
Titusville Water System Maintenance to Begin June 8
TITUSVILLE, FL - (May 29, 2020) –
Titusville will begin a chlorine dosing of its water distribution system on Monday, June 8. The dosing is being performed as a maintenance procedure to ensure that Titusville maintains its high quality drinking water standards.
The dosing is anticipated to be completed over a four-week period (from June 8 through July 6) and will include the flushing of mains throughout the water system. During the dosing, Titusville water customers may experience a chlorine like taste and smell to their water, which is normal. Titusville’s water remains safe for drinking, cooking, bathing, and other everyday uses during the dosing. Water quality is constantly monitored during a dosing to ensure it meets regulated safety standards.
During the dosing, Titusville changes its regular drinking water treatment process from using chloramines (a combination of ammonia and chlorine) to using free chlorine. After the chlorine dosing is completed, the City will return to its normal treatment process.
- Reduce the taste or smell of chlorine in your drinking water during a dosing by boiling it or letting it stand in an open container, such as a pitcher, for several hours.
- Consult your health care provider if you are currently undergoing dialysis or have a compromised immune system to determine whether the change in disinfection will affect your treatment.
- Contact a pet or aquarium professional if you own a fish tank or pond that uses City water to determine if any adjustments to your aquarium treatment is needed during a chlorine dosing.
- Check Water Resources’ pages at www.titusville.com for information on current chlorine dosings.
- If you have questions or concerns during the dosing, call the Chlorine Dosing Hotline at (321) 567-3878.