City of Titusville|
STUDENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 4:00 p.m.
Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796
C. Participate or organize a beach clean-up (Event date October 26, 2019) – Project details below for your Council’s travel to the beach clean-up on October 26, 2019, 9:00 a.m. (until 11:30 a.m.), at Canaveral National Seashore.
Any person who decides to appeal any decision of the Student Advisory Council with respect to any matter considered at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings be made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. The City desires to accommodate persons with disabilities. Accordingly, any physically handicapped persons, pursuant to Chamber 286.26 Florida Statutes, should, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, submit a written request to the chairpersons that the physically handicapped person desires to attend the meeting.
I. CALL TO ORDER - Co-Chairperson Isabella Almiñana (THS)
II. DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
III. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting of September 17, 2019.
V. NEW BUSINESS
VI. OLD BUSINESS
A. Support the Chamber of Commerce with hosting the 2020 Longest Table Event – Begin basic discussions with Titusville Area Chamber of Commerce President Marcia Gaedcke and how your Council might assist with the event. Date of event TBD.
B. Host a Leadership Seminar (Event date February 27, 2020) – Facilitator Geo Ropert and the City’s Senior Planner Gabriel Quintas (an Urban Planning Professional) are available to assist you with developing the seminar’s main activity to develop a “model city”.
After collaborating with your guests, hear from members that took-on assignments in September 2019 and use the attached planning guide to help you complete more tasks. Peer applications and seminar flyers will be provided for your schools. City staff recommends Friday, December 13, 2019 as the application deadline for your peers.
D. Improve the DrinkDriveDie.com webpage and initiate related projects, such as updating the 2008 The Last Dance Prom Video – Receive info from one of your Last Dance video script writers and Co-Chairperson Isabella Almiñana and Webmaster C. Phillips on the status of your Council’s special script writing and character development workshop that was scheduled for October 1, 2019. Staff notes that your Council did not have enough members present on October 1st to hold the writing workshop. Staff also recommends that your Council regroup and make a plan on how you will write your story, develop the video’s main and secondary characters, etc.
- Who: City S.A.C. Members, THS Interact and Environmental Club, AHS Interact and Student Government Associations, and NBHSA 9th – 12th grades.Where: Half of students will start at parking area #1 and the others in parking area #8. Then, all participants would work toward each other and meet in the middle.
- What supplies are needed:
- Participants should bring personal items like sunscreen, drinking water, etc.
- In Sept., S.A.C. Members discussed contacting local business to donate water. (Status?)
- Member Sperr will bring garbage bags.
- The Seashore Office can provide gloves and bags (Entrance gate/booth).
If useful, use the attached planning guide to stay organized.
VII. MEMBER REPORTS
VII. STAFF LIAISON REPORT
A. Action items: None
B. Informational Items:
- Available Budget - General Acct/#GFCC001 $406. DDD Webpage/#GFCC04 $1,898.
- Personal Hours & Preparation Time Sheet – Monthly template provided. Travel time and SAC meetings do not count toward “personal” time due to the City cannot validate personal hours, but it can validate time spent at SAC meetings, leadership seminar, etc.
- Meeting Agendas (Reminder) – Your monthly meeting agenda will be emailed to you at least five (5) calendar days prior to each SAC meeting. City liaisons typically have difficulty with one or two email addresses. You may also stop at City Hall and pick-up a hardcopy prior to your meetings. Additionally, City staff posts the items on your Council’s agendas at www.titusville.com, but not the full meeting agenda packet.
It is each SAC Member’s responsibility to obtain and study the agenda prior to your meetings, as well as please follow through and complete elective assignments.
Reminder your Council’s regular meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 4PM, August through April, at Titusville City Hall. Special meetings may be scheduled as necessary. (City of Titusville Resolution 1-2017).