Utility Engineering is the capital project management arm of Water Resources. It is responsible for planning for future improvements to Water Resources water, sewer, and reclaimed water systems and ensuring that improvements meet city specifications and quality standards.
Engineering updates and maintains maps and records of each utility’s infrastructure, including connection data.
Internal Utility Improvements
Assists in planning for city utility improvement projects such as:
- Assists with bid documents, agreements, and contract management
- Maintains digital hydraulic models of Titusville’s utility systems to evaluate the impact of planned improvements
- Obtains permits
- Provides engineering plans, CAD drafting services, and specifications
External Utility Improvements
Assures utility improvements are made in accordance with city specifications such as:
- Inspects city-funded utility improvement projects
- Reviews plans and works with developers and engineers on new projects for construction
- Maintains records of maps and records of utility infrastructure such as:
- Locations and details of the connections to city utility systems
- City utility systems updates