- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - November 15, 2023
Student Advisory Council - November 15, 2023
City of Titusville
STUDENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
Tuesday, November 15, 2023, 4:00 p.m.
Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796
Any person who decides to appeal any decision of the Student Advisory Council with respect to any matter considered at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings be made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. The City desires to accommodate persons with disabilities. Accordingly, any physically handicapped persons, pursuant to Chamber 286.26 Florida Statutes, should, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, submit a written request to the chairpersons that the physically handicapped person desires to attend the meeting.
I. CALL TO ORDER - Co-Chairperson Addison Flake (AHS)
II. DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
III. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting of October 17, 2023.
V. NEW BUSINESS – None.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
- Host a beach cleanup at Playalinda Beach – Co-Chairperson Edie Pringle confirmed the date (November 18, 2023) with Canaveral National Seashore. Continue planning and take on assignments to host the project. (Example tasks: Permission with Canaveral National Seashore---a previous task with a prior beach clean-up (who is doing this?). Advertising at your schools? Trash bags? Bottled water for guests (if desired)? Start and end times, etc.?)
- Host a Youth Leadership Seminar in Spring of 2024 – Continue planning using the planning guide in the meeting agenda packet. Take on assignments.
- The Last Dance Prom Video – Senior Media Specialist Kurtis Korwin will provide an update on the project.
VII. MEMBER REPORTS – Student Advisory Council (SAC) Members may individually share info they feel may benefit other SAC members, the community, etc.
VIII. STAFF LIAISON REPORT
- Action items – none.
- Informational Items:
- Council Budget – For your information: the available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) is included in this agenda packet. (Page 11)
- Polo Shirt Order Form – Please submit your order form and shirt size to the City Staff liaison, Emily Campbell (form provided in the orientation packet). Please note students may wish to order a t-shirt, but which is the student’s financial responsibility.
- Media Waiver Release – If you have not done so, please submit your completed form (included in the orientation packet) to City staff Liaison Emily Campbell.
- Meeting Agendas & Delivery Methods – Following the first SAC meeting on August 15, 2023, the monthly meeting agenda will be emailed to you at least five (5) calendar days prior to each meeting; however, emails are sometimes undeliverable. To this, it is each SAC Member’s responsibility to get and review meeting agendas prior to your meetings.
Another option - pick-up hardcopy of the SAC meeting agenda from City Hall (Information Desk). A hardcopy of the agenda will also be available at meetings.
Reminder your Council’s regular meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month
at 4PM, August through April, at Titusville City Hall.
Special meetings may be scheduled as necessary.
(City of Titusville Resolution 5-2023).