- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - March 21, 2023
Student Advisory Council - March 21, 2023
Student Advisory Council
March 21, 2023
The 2022/2023 City of Titusville Student Advisory Council (SAC) met in regular session on Tuesday, March 21, 2023, in the Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 South Washington Avenue, Titusville, Florida.
Co-Chairperson Aiden Sperr called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m. Present were Co-Chairperson Sperr, and Members Julia Curtis, Richie Dobbs, Caydn Fiebig, Victoria Hillery, and Julia Moon.
Co-Chairpersons Aliyah Deimeke and Savannah Sevor, Vice-Chairperson Edie Pringle, and Members Addison Flake, Callie Cerrato, and Cooper Mangini were absent.
Assistant City Clerk Jolynn Donhoff, acting as the temporary staff liaison, was also present.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT – None.
Member Dobbs moved to approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting of February 21, 2023, as submitted. Member Curtis seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
Mock City Council (MCC) – March 9, 2023 – The SAC briefly reviewed the success of the 2023 Mock City Council meeting. All agreed the event went smoothly and it was a success. No recommendations or improvements were discussed.
Annual Report to City Council – Co-Chairperson Sperr began by facilitating discussion on the SAC’s draft goals for 2023/2024. The ideas thus far included holding a leadership seminar, hosting a beach clean-up, The Last Dance (updating the original anti-drinking prom video), and an art project (details of the art project not clear). It was noted the SAC would finalize their goals for 2023/2024 at their next meeting on April 18, 2023 (4:00 p.m.).
Next, Co-Chairperson Sperr facilitated discussion on the Student Advisory Council (SAC) Members that would write and present sections of the 2022/2023 SAC Annual Report to City Council. The Annual Report would be presented to the City Council on April 25, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. The sections included:
- Introduction – Savannah Sevor
- The Last Dance – Written by Julia Moon, presented by Julia Curtis
- Mock City Council – Written by Co-Chairperson Sperr, presented by Julia (not clear which Julia)
- Conclusion – Edie Pringle
Assistant City Clerk Donhoff requested that individual Student Advisory Council (SAC) Members email their sections to City Staff Liaison Emily Campbell by Friday, April 7, 2023.
Student Advisory Council Scholarships – Co-Chairperson Sperr advised that at the regular City Council meeting on April 25, 2023 (6:30 p.m.), he and Co-Chairpersons Aliyah Deimeke and Savannah Sevor would receive their scholarships.
Improve the DrinkDriveDie.com Webpage and continue to update The Last Dance Video – City Digital Media Compliance Specialist Kurtis Korwan updated the SAC on the status of The Last Dance Video script. He would provide the current draft script to the SAC Members following this meeting via (working through) Staff Liaison Emily Campbell.
Next, Mr. Korwan gave a presentation that reviewed information on the most recent casting call that sought to discover the actresses and actors that would play the fictitious roles in The Last Dance video. The discussion also reviewed the following:
- Selecting from the current pool of persons that may play roles
- Getting more participants to play roles
- Ideas and logistics for some of the video’s scenes (crash scene, etc.)
- Funding needed to purchase copyright footage of prom scenes, etc.
- Further meetings and assignments for the project
- The goal of filming the video’s scenes before the school year ended
- Working during May or other summer months would require the City Council’s approval in April 2023 (required by the SAC’s governing resolution)
- Florida Statutes and board meeting requirements
- Having a table reading with the video’s participants at the next regular SAC meeting on April 18, 2023, at 4:00 p.m.
- The table reading on April 18, 2023 would be the SAC’s main agenda item that would have the most discussion, whereas it was not anticipated that much discussion was necessary on other agenda items
The SAC provided a consensus to designate SAC Member Julia Moon as the Assistant Student Film Director for the video project.
Mr. Korwan advised that he would work with City Staff Liaison Emily Campbell to prepare the agenda for the SAC’s next regular meeting on April 18, 2023. Mr. Korwan would provide information on any budget related requests for the video that required the SAC’s formal consideration.
MEMBER REPORTS – None.
STAFF LIAISON REPORT
Action items – None.
Informational Items - Staff Liaison Donhoff highlighted the written Staff Liaison Report, as provided in the Council agenda packet and as followed:
- Council Budget
- Council2College Scholarship
- Meeting Agendas & Delivery Methods
With no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 4:41 p.m.