- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - November 15, 2022
Student Advisory Council - November 15, 2022
Student Advisory Council
November 15, 2022
The 2022/2023 Student Advisory Council (SAC) met in regular session on Tuesday, November 15, 2022, in the Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796.
Co-Chairperson Savannah Sevor called the meeting to order at 4:01 p.m.
Present were, Co-Chairperson Aliyah Deimeke, Co-Chairperson Savannah Sevor, Co-Chairperson, Aiden Sperr, members Addison Flake, Richie Dobbs, Callie Cerrato, Julia Moon, Victoria Hillery, Cooper Mangini, Julia Curtis and Caydn Fiebig.
Vice-Chair Edie Pringle and Member Victoria Hillery were absent.
Also present was City staff liaison Emily Campbell.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT – None.
Co-Chair Aiden Sperr moved to approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting on October 15, 2022, as written. Co-Chairperson Aliyah Deimeke seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
Mock City Council (MCC) – March 9, 2023 – Co-Chairperson Savannah Sevor advised that the request was to review Mock City Council planning guide.
Develop the Mock City Council Agenda – Create one or two presentation items (2-5 minutes each) Some ideas: important community issues or programs; data requested by Council; sports team or chorus championship recognition; employee of the month or department achievement; etc.
Co-Chairperson Savannah Sevor stated that Council could wait to see how many applications were received before they chose the presentation agenda items.
All other agenda items - Review list of agenda item choices, which were once real items previously voted upon by the real City Council. SAC should discuss and chose one item from each City Department. City Liaison Emily Campbell can provide more information on agenda items if requested.
Mock City Council Agenda Items for Consideration:
- Resolution No. 8-2022 Vision zero
- Ordinance No. 21-2021 Community Gardens
- 2022 Tree City USA Recertification Application
- Advisability Regarding City-Owned Property (Parcel ID: 23-35-11-00-1
- Ordinance No. 10-2021, Economic Development Ad Valorem Tax Abatement to Dark Storm Industries, LLC (Project Freedom) (Second Reading)
- Amendment to Contract for the Install and Maintenance of Floating Wetlands Island – Beemats LLC
- Cost-Share Funding Interlocal Agreement-Sand Point Park Baffle Box
- Award of LED Lighting P2 Contract for Mourning Dove
- Water Reclamation Facility Operating Software Upgrade
- Legislative Grant Agreement with DEP for Osprey NMP
- Advisability – Acceptance of Jess Parrish Medical Foundation Funding Request Award
- Fire Department Emergency Response Vehicles
- Resolution No. 13-2021 – Code Enforcement Lien Amnesty Program
- Ordinance No. 4-2020, Amending Rule 5 of section 2-26 Rule of City Council
Council discussed the different agenda items and chose the following items:
- Planning: Ordinance No. 21-2021 Community Gardens
- Economic Development: Advisability Regarding City-Owned Property (Parcel ID:23-35-11-00-1)
- Public Works: Amendment to Contract for the Install and Maintenance of Floating Wetlands Island – Beemats LLC
- Water Resources: Legislative Grant Agreement with DEP for Osprey NMP
- Fire Department: Fire Department Emergency Response Vehicles
- City Attorney: Ordinance No. 4-2020, Amending Rule 5 of section 2-26 Rule of City Council
Publicizing – Discuss whether any applications have been received and make further elective assignments to draw attention and participants to the event.
None of the schools have received any applications yet.
OLD BUSINESS –
Improve the DrinkDriveDie.com Webpage and continue to update The Last Dance Video – Review and discuss The Last Dance Video script casting call and discuss next steps. Senior Media Specialist Kurtis Korwin will be available for questions. If desired, discuss or provide your Council’s webmaster Vice-Chairperson Sevor direction to enhance DrinkDriveDie.com.
Senior Media Specialist Kurtis Korwin stated that due to Hurricane Nicole the casting call had to be cancelled. Council discussed future dates for the casting calls and came to a consensus to hold the casting call on December 1, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Co-Chairperson Savannah Sevor, Co-Chairperson Aliyah Deimeke, Co-Chairperson Aiden Sperr and members Julia Moon, Cooper Mangini and Callie Cerrato stated that they would be in attendance.
Host a beach cleanup at Playalinda Beach – At the October 18, 2022 SAC meeting member Cadyn Fiebig stated that Titusville High Schools JROTC was also holding a beach cleanup on November 19, 2022 and the SAC was welcome to join. Vice-Chairperson Edie Pringle stated that she would contact Canaveral National Seashore please give update to SAC.
Member Cadyn Fiebig stated that Titusville High Schools JROTC was having a beach cleanup on November 19, 2022, but it was at Jetty Park Beach in Cape Canaveral.
Council discussed possible dates to schedule a beach cleanup and came to a consensus that two possible dates were January 28, 2023 and February 4, 2023.
MEMBER REPORTS – None.
STAFF LIASON REPORT
Action items: None.
- Council Budget – For your information: the available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) is included in this agenda packet.
- Polo Shirt Order Form – If you ordered a Student Advisory Council Polo Shirt please pick up from City Liaison Emily Campbell at the end of meeting.
- Media Waiver Release – All media wavers have been received, thank you!
- Meeting Agendas & Delivery Methods – Following the first SAC meeting on August 16, 2022, the monthly meeting agenda will be emailed to you at least five (5) calendar days prior to each meeting; however, emails are sometimes undeliverable. To this, it is each SAC Member’s responsibility to get and review meeting agendas prior to your meetings.
Another option - pick-up hardcopy of the SAC meeting agenda from City Hall (Information Desk). A hardcopy of the agenda will also be available at meetings
Reminder your Council’s regular meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month
at 4PM, August through April, at Titusville City Hall.
Special meetings may be scheduled as necessary.
(City of Titusville Resolution 1-2017).
With no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 4:43 p.m.