- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - April 19, 2022
Student Advisory Council - April 19, 2022
City of Titusville
STUDENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 4:00 p.m.
Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796
Any person who decides to appeal any decision of the Student Advisory Council with respect to any matter considered at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings be made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. The City desires to accommodate persons with disabilities. Accordingly, any physically handicapped persons, pursuant to Chamber 286.26 Florida Statutes, should, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, submit a written request to the chairpersons that the physically handicapped person desires to attend the meeting.
I. CALL TO ORDER - Co-Chairperson Emilee Ellis (Astronaut High School)
II. DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
III. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting of March 8, 2022.
V. NEW BUSINESS
VI. OLD BUSINESS
- Annual Report to City Council – Your Council’s governing resolution requires your Council to present an annual report to the City Council each April. The annual report is a summary of your Council’s accomplishments during your term, but which also includes recommendations to your successors. Discuss report and go over report with members who are presenting.
- Continue to update the 2008 Last Dance Prom Video –The Last Dance video script was approved at the November 16, 2021 meeting. Continue to establish a timeline to complete the project and decide on roles for video. If desired, discuss or provide your Council’s webmaster Vice-Chairperson Sevor direction to enhance DrinkDriveDie.com. Media Specialist Kurtis Korwin will be there to answer questions and discuss timeline.
VII. MEMBER REPORTS
VIII. STAFF LIAISON REPORT
- Action items:
- Informational Items:
- Council Budget – The available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) is included in this agenda packet.
- Student Advisory Council 2022/2023 Appointments – Nominations to serve on the 2022/2023 Student Advisory Council (SAC) are due from the High School Advisors by/before April 1, 2022. Contact your SAC High School Advisor quickly to ask about any school application requirements or based on if you would like to be considered or re-appointed for the 2021/2022 term.
- April 26, 2022 City Council Meeting – Seniors will be presented scholarships at the City Council meeting on April 26, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. At this meeting the annual report to City Council will also be presented.
- Seniors – If you need a letter of recommendation or a letter for Community Service Credit Hours and/or Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program please let me know.
Reminder your Council’s regular meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 4PM. The December meeting will be held at Titusville Fire Department Headquarters.
Special meetings may be scheduled as necessary.
(City of Titusville Resolution 1-2017).