- Historic Preservation Board
- March 7, 2022
March 7, 2022
The Historic Preservation Board (HPB) of the City of Titusville, Florida met in regular session at City Hall in the Council Chamber, located at 555 South Washington Avenue on Monday March 7, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
Chairman Kiesel called the meeting to order at 1:00 p.m. Present were Vice Chairman Petyk, Secretary Adams, Member Gaetjens, Member Foster and Alternate Member Shifalo. Member Green, Member Jonas and Alternate Member Caramanna-Collins were absent. Also attending was Redevelopment Planner Tim Ford and Recording Secretary Laurie Dargie.
Member Gaetjens motioned to approve the minutes from the February 7, 2022 meeting minutes with a correction. Member Foster seconded. There was a unanimous voice vote in favor.
Petitions & Requests from Public Present
Discussion for a May 2022 Workshop
Mr. Ford gave an overview of this item.
The Historic Preservation Board members and staff discussed the workshop.
- Correct Dobson House to Norwood House
- Inserts in water bills will be sent out March 16, 2022
- Discussion will take place regarding the pursuit of the CLG small matching grant
- Letters to be mailed to past workshop attendees and locally designated property owners
- City will print copies of the inserts advertising the workshop to be given out in person by Historic Preservation Board members and also placed at the Moore Center and in some churches
- Information regarding the workshop to be places on the City of Titusville’s website, Facebook page, electronic message board etc.
- Ask Kirk Davis to put information out on his Facebook page
Mr. Ford gave a brief report.
Discussion took place regarding the Florida Trust 2022 Preservation Awards. Chairman Kiesel said if the Historic Preservation Board wins the award, he would be willing to attend the awards ceremony.