- Titusville Flag and Memorial Committee
- Flag and Memorial Committee 1/18/22
Flag and Memorial Committee 1/18/22
The Flag and Memorial Committee met in regular session on January 18, 2022, at the
American Space Museum, 308 Pine Street, Titusville, FL 32796
Chairman Therriault called the meeting to order at 11:03 a.m. Members present: Member Patton, Member Rathborne, Member Swink, Member Fuller, and Member Lister. Also present was special guest Mark Marquette, American Space Museum, Mike Renaldo, DTMA/Chamber of Commerce and Secretary/Staff Liaison Gail Gilchrist, City of Titusville.
- CALL TO ORDER: Meeting was called to order at 11:03 a.m. by Chairman Therriault.
- DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM: A quorum was met.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Approval of minutes for the December 21, 2021 meeting: A motion to approve the December 21, 2021 minutes was made by Member Patton, seconded by Member Swink, it passed unanimously.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Astronaut Memorial Ceremony: A lengthy discussion ensued to include position of podiums, community representatives, coverage of event, acoustics, flower placements, etc. Mark Marquette stated the event will have world-wide coverage through the Museum’s pod cast. Mike Renaldo will get with Jessica and Kurtis to plan a meeting at the ceremony site to discuss acoustics. Chairman Therriault stated one of the banners was damaged, possibly due to wind/weather.
- NEW BUSINESS
- FUND RAISER ACTIVITES
This was tabled due to the committee having sufficient funds.
Member Conklin submitted a letter requesting Mark Marquette be added as a member of this committee representing the American Space Museum. Discussion ensued about having Veteran’s Memorial Brick applications at the different ceremonies/events. Also mentioned was the flags being installed on the Avenue of Flags poles.
- ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
Due to time constraints, there was no roundtable discussion.
- Meeting was adjourned at 11:45 a.m.