- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - December 21, 2021
Student Advisory Council - December 21, 2021
Student Advisory Council
December 22, 2021
The 2021/2022 Student Advisory Council (SAC) met in regular session on Tuesday, December 22, 2021, in the Council chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 South Washington Avenue, Titusville, Florida.
Co-Chairperson Ben Hamilton called the meeting to order at 4:02 p.m.
Present were Co-Chairperson Ben Hamilton, Co-Chairperson Emilee Ellis and Co-Chairperson Jacob Phillips, Vice-Chairperson Savannah Sevor, Secretary Edie Pringle, and Members Callie Cerrato, Aliyah Deimeke, Richie Dobbs, Addison Flake, Ben Hamilton, Julia Moon and Aiden Sperr.
Member Victoria Hillery was absent.
Also present were Astronaut High School (AHS) Advisor Christina Cerrato, North Brevard Home School Association (NBHSA) Advisor Julie Pringle, Titusville High School (THS) Michael Triandafils, City staff liaison Emily Campbell, and Assistant City Clerk Jolynn Donhoff (former City liaison).
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT – None.
Co-Chairperson Jacob Phillips moved to approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting on November 16, 2021, as written. Member Aiden Sperr seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
NEW BUSINESS- None.
Continue to update the 2008 Last Dance Prom Video – The Last Dance video script was approved at the November 16, 2021 meeting. Continue to establish a timeline to complete the project and decide on roles for video. If desired, discuss or provide your Council’s webmaster Vice-Chairperson Sevor direction to enhance DrinkDriveDie.com.
Member Julia Moon stated that she would volunteer to be a casting director and wardrobe and makeup.
Member Callie Cerrato stated that she would volunteer to do wardrobe and makeup.
Member Edie Pringle stated that she would volunteer to be a school liaison for North Brevard Home School Association.
Host a Youth Leadership Seminar in Spring of 2022 – The request was for Council to continue planning using the planning guide that was included in the agenda packet.
Council reviewed the planning guide and discussed the guest speakers.
Member Julia Moon stated that Mike Knight from Environmentally Endangered Lands (EEL) had a meeting at 9:15 AM but could speak in the afternoon.
Member Edie Pringle stated that Mary Pringle from Rotary Club could only speak in the morning.
Member Callie Cerrato stated that Jarrod Bales was available to speak to speak in the morning.
Council came to a consensus to allow all three speakers to attend the seminar and extend the seminar by thirty minutes, so it would end at 3:00 PM.
MEMBER REPORTS – None.
STAFF LIASON REPORT
1. January 2021 Student Advisory Council Meeting – The January 18 SAC meeting is scheduled the same day as the special City Council meeting and will need to be rescheduled. Available dates for the meeting include Thursday, January 20th or Monday, January 24th. Council needs to discuss and vote on an alternative meeting date.
Motion: Co-Chairperson Jacob Phillips moved to reschedule the January SAC meeting to January 20, 2022 at the Fire Department Headquarters. Member Julia Moon seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
2. DrinkDriveDie.com Domain Renewal – The DrinkDriveDie domain name rights will expire on February 23, 2022. Discuss whether to retain the name rights to DrinkDriveDie.com. If yes, authorize City staff to renew the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) name through GoDaddy.com for one or two years, using Project Account No. GFCC04 (Balance $1,886.11). The estimated cost for one year is $50 and two years is $90.
Motion: Member Edie Pringle moved to renew the DrinkDriveDie name rights for two years for $90. Co-Chairperson Jacob Phillips seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
- Council Budget – The available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) was included in the agenda packet.
- Polo Shirt Order Form – City Liaison Emily Campbell will distribute shirts for new members.
- Media Waiver Release – If council did not, please submit your completed form (included in the orientation packet) to City staff Liaison Emily Campbell.
- Meeting Agendas & Delivery Methods – Following the first SAC meeting on August 17, 2021, the monthly SAC meeting agenda would be emailed to you at least five (5) calendar days prior to each meeting; however, the City liaison sometimes has trouble with emails being undeliverable. Please note: It is SAC Members’ responsibility to get the agenda and review it prior to your meetings (to prepare for discussions, ideas, voting, etc.).
With no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 4:41 p.m.