- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - October 19, 2021
Student Advisory Council - October 19, 2021
City of Titusville
STUDENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 4:00 p.m.
Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796
Any person who decides to appeal any decision of the Student Advisory Council with respect to any matter considered at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings be made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. The City desires to accommodate persons with disabilities. Accordingly, any physically handicapped persons, pursuant to Chamber 286.26 Florida Statutes, should, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, submit a written request to the chairpersons that the physically handicapped person desires to attend the meeting.
II. DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
III. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting of
September 21, 2021.
V. NEW BUSINESS
- City Sustainability Plan Titusville Sustainability Action Plan (SAP) - As part of the of the City’s community engagement for the SAP, staff seeks the Student Advisory Council to make a recommendation for their preferred youth outreach. Potential outreach options include:
- Recorded in-school presentation on sustainability
- Information booth at a local event
- Partnership with a local middle and/ or high school class
VI. OLD BUSINESS
- Improve the DrinkDriveDie.com Webpage and Initiate Related Projects, such as continue to update the 2008 Last Dance Prom Video – City Digital Media Compliance Specialist Kurtis Korwan worked with Member Cerrato, Member Moon, and Vice-Chairperson Sevor on October 6, 2021 updating The Last Dance video script, following councils’ instructions from the meeting in September. The updated script is in the agenda packet. The script is not complete and Council will need to schedule another meeting to complete the script. Continue planning and take on assignments to complete the project. Additionally, if desired, discuss or provide your Council’s webmaster(s) direction to enhance DrinkDriveDie.com.
- Host a Youth Leadership Seminar in Spring of 2022 – Continue planning using the planning guide in the meeting agenda packet. Take on assignments
- Host the Community Service Earthwise event in the Fall of 2021 – In September, your Council tentatively rescheduled the beach clean-up on November 13, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. and distribute literature. Continue planning and take on assignments to host the project. (Example tasks: Permission with Canaveral National Seashore---a previous task with a prior beach clean-up (who is doing this?). Literature materials? Advertising at your schools? Trash bags? Bottled water for guests (if desired)? Start and end times, etc.?)
- Florida League of Cities Municipal Youth Photo Contest – Vice-Chairperson Sevor will provide a status update on this extra goal. All materials must be received by the League no later than October 29, 2021. After doing some research into this project staff noticed it was a video contest.
VII. MEMBER REPORTS
VIII. STAFF LIAISON REPORT
- Action items:
- Informational Items:
- Council Budget – The available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) is included in this agenda packet.
- Polo Shirt Order Form – City Liaison Emily Campbell will distribute shirts for new members.
- Media Waiver Release – If you have not done so, please submit your completed form (included in the orientation packet) to City staff Liaison Emily Campbell.
- Meeting Agendas & Delivery Methods – Following the first SAC meeting on August 17, 2021, the monthly SAC meeting agenda will be emailed to you at least five (5) calendar days prior to each meeting; however, the City liaison sometimes has trouble with emails being undeliverable. Please note: It is SAC Members’ responsibility to get the agenda and review it prior to your meetings (to prepare for discussions, ideas, voting, etc.).
Another option - pick-up hardcopy of the SAC meeting agenda from City Hall: Visit the Information Desk on the first floor of City Hall and ask for a hardcopy of the SAC agenda packet. A hardcopy of the agenda will also be available at your meetings.
Reminder your Council’s regular meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month
at 4PM, August through April, at Titusville City Hall.
Special meetings may be scheduled as necessary.
(City of Titusville Resolution 1-2017).