- City Council Meetings
- Special City Council - February 18, 2021
Special City Council - February 18, 2021
February 18, 2021
The City of Titusville City Council met in regular session on Tuesday, February 18, 2021, at Titusville City Hall, second floor, Council Chamber, 555 South Washington Avenue, Titusville, Florida 32796. Mayor Diesel called the City Council meeting to order at 5:31 p.m. Those present in the Council Chamber included Mayor Daniel Diesel, Vice-Mayor Jo Lynn Nelson and City Council Members Joe Robinson and Sarah Stoeckel. Member Robert Jordan was absent. Also present were City Manager Scott Larese, City Attorney Richard Broome, and Senior Administrative Assistant Caitlin Rodriguez, who also completed the minutes.
Mayor Diesel requested a moment of silence. He then led those present in the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag. Senior Administrative Assistant Caitlin Rodriguez read the procedures for public comment and participation.
CDBG FY20 Grant Annual Report and CDBG FY22 Request for Proposals – City Manager Larese outlined the information that was included in the agenda packet.
The purpose of this meeting was to conduct a public hearing on the performance of the City's FY20 CDBG grant program, and to provide an opportunity for agencies and organizations seeking funding through the Request for Proposal process to provide a brief presentation on their request. Although presentations were not mandatory to receive funding, staff encouraged each agency applying for funding to attend this meeting.
Neighborhood Services Director Terrie Franklin stated that she would be giving a performance review of the City’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program and HOME Investment Partnership programs for FY 2019/2020. She stated that she would also be reviewing the strategies that identified which programs could be funded and the requests for the FY 2021/2022 grant funds would be heard.
Neighborhood Services Director Terrie Franklin provided a powerpoint presentation and highlighted as followed:
- City of Titusville Neighborhood Services Department FY 2019/2020 Annual Performance Report
- Who is the Neighborhood Services Department?
- Organizational Chart
- Goals and Objectives
- Revitalization Objectives
- Preservation Objectives
- Serve the Needs of Citizens
- Housing Objectives
- Methods of Implementation
- Plan for Change
- Available Resources and Constraints
- CDBG Grant Program
- HOME Grant Program
- FY 19/20 Available Revenues ($860,082.69)
- Funds Expended ($364,089.72)
- FY 19/20 CDBG Public Service Programs Completed
- FY 19/20 CDBG Projects Completed
- On-Going Funded Programs/Projects
- FY 19/20 Accomplishments
Neighborhood Services Director Terrie Franklin then highlighted the following information:
- City of Titusville’s Consolidated Plan Strategies
- Ten Year History of CDBG & Home Revenues
- Breakdown of proposed FY 2021/2022 CDBG Program and the HOME program
Neighborhood Services Director Terrie Franklin provided a powerpoint presentation that reviewed the Community Development Block Grant Program FY 2021/2022 as followed:
- Community Development Block Grant Program FY2021/2022: Departmental Projects
- South Street Target Area Map
- Public Works: Streets Division
- Sidewalk Improvement Program
- FY22 Sidewalk Improvement: Tropic Street
- FY22 Sidewalk Improvement: First Avenue and Gilbert Street
- Community Development: Neighborhood Services Department
- COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Program
Neighborhood Services Director Terrie Franklin advised that the following agencies provided requests for FY 2021/2022 grant funding:
- Aging Matters of Brevard – Meals on Wheels, Paula Schroder - $10,000
- South Brevard Women’s Center – Women’s Center, Becky Linstrum - $16,300
- Family Promise of Brevard – Homelessness Prevention Services, Tara Pagliarini - $27,000
Each of the above listed agencies gave a brief presentation on their request and need for funding.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None.
With no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at approximately 6:37 p.m.