Congratulations to the winners of the Mayor's Fitness Challenge!
Lisa Littleton from Cocoa Beach and Eric Coleman from Titusville
See What People Are Saying About the Mayor's Fitness Challenge!
- 61 years old Bad Back Have Prostate Cancer Had the flu in March Overweight Averaged about 1000 minutes a week running swimming lifting walking. If I can exercise anyone can
- Being an avid lifetime exerciser 🏊🚴🎾who has ALWAYS promoted fitness for QUALITY OF LIFE to my students, adults, family and friends....it is always gratifying for me to see people EXERCISE!! Thanks to all of you great folks for making this Mayors Fitness Challenge happen!!
- This fitness challenge was great for me for several reasons - 1) motivated me to run and train for my first upcoming Space Coast Half Marathon with my son and daughter; 2) got me out walking with my wife instead of falling asleep on the couch (but I still fall asleep on the couch - at least now I’ve exercised and now my excuse is because my body is tired instead of because I was lazy!); 3) helped me to train in my ice hockey team winning the USA Hockey 50&Over Tier 4 Mens Tournament (back to Back Champs!)
- Did this along with weight watchers. Extra incentive good for the community...great way to report weekly
- During my wife and my walks in the morning we would pick up trash. The Indian River, North Indian River Drive and the Historic Cocoa Village area is a lot cleaner.
- Healthy challenges are the best! We are a competitive species.
- Honestly, the event helped me enjoy alot more time walking my dog Sami. We're both, alot better off for that!
- I enjoyed the 2018 Mayors' Fitness Challenge, especially meeting neighbors who turned out for the events. Community fitness events were fun and very well organized. Appreciate the sponsorship of local governments and businesses, non-profits, and health entities. Oh, and getting fit and losing weight! I look forward to the 2019 Challenge. Thank you.
- I had a heart attach just before Christmas and this was another incentive to get up and move. I have just finished the Cardio Rehab Program and will continue.
- I had an awesome self fulfilling goal
- I have lost 26 pounds and will continue to try to lose another 10. A had lost my work out partner three years ago and was depressed and unmotivated and put on a lot of weight. This program gave me a goal to look forward to. Thank you.
- I have struggled with weight my whole adult life and this program got me moving. Knowing that I had to report my activity every week made me to stay committed to exercising at least 30 minutes every day! This further encouraged me to start eating healthier and I was able to lose over 30 pounds (almost 15% of my weight)!
- I joined both the Mayors challenge In conjunction with Health First’s LivFit program which ran from mid January thru April. Both kept me on track; and with some subtle changes in eating habits and exercise I was able to lose 10 lbs in that time frame.
- I lost 6 pounds
- Lost 15 pounds that I had been wanting to lose since last summer - this was the inspiration I needed - 5 more to go...
- Lost 17 lbs.
- My husband and I knew that exercise is important, but we had become lackadaisical walkers. The Challenge inspired us to double the distance and number of times we walk each week. This strengthened our stamina and increased our energy! Thank you for providing such a rewarding opportunity.
- Ran my first 5K as a result of this challenge. Did very well. The challenged motivated me to keep going.
- Really fun goin' down a bike path and seeing people w/ T shirts from my city C. B.
- Thank you for coordinating this...what fun!!
- The program holds you accountable. Felt guilty if i didn't get up and move. Thx for hosting it!
- To lose weight for the challenge I started a new program called 80 day obsession which was a nutrition and workout plan and I lost 16 lbs. and really toned up. I’m continuing my healthy lifestyle and that is a big win from this program!
- walked average of 7 miles a day and lost 9% weight