The Staff of the City of Titusville’s Development Services Department would like to take this opportunity to welcome you as a prospective new business owner. Below are the steps to obtain a Business Tax Receipt which is required to do business within City's limits.
Steps to Obtain a City of Titusville Business Tax Receipt
- Contact the City of Titusville's Planning Department to ensure the proposed business location is within the City limits and is compatible with zoning and land use regulations. They may be reached at 321.567.3782.
- If you are a professional or in a business that requires a license from any division of the State of Florida, you must first obtain your State license before applying for a City of Titusville Business Tax Receipt. For more information, please refer to the "State of Florida Regulated Businesses" link to the left.
- If the proposed business will be called any name other than the full legal name of the owner or a corporation uses a name other than its legal corporate name, a fictitious name (also known as a DBA - Doing Business As) must be registered with the State. Forms and additional information are available from www.sunbiz.org or via phone at 850.487.6058.
- Any entity that transacts business as a corporation is required to file documents of incorporation or authorization with the State Division of Corporations. Proof of active status must be submitted with your application for a City of Titusville Business Tax Receipt. Additional information is available via phone at 850.488.9000.
- Once you have obtained the City of Titusville Business Tax Receipt, you must apply for a Brevard County Business Tax Receipt. They can be reached at 321.264.6910.