The City of Titusville, Florida / About Titusville / Historic Titusville Walking Tour / Titusville School House
Titusville School House - 1900
Before City Hall was built, this site was occupied by early public schools. A traditional wooden schoolhouse, complete with bell tower, was constructed during the summer of 1900 to replace a structure on Tropic Street destroyed by fire. The new school was built for 175 pupils, 40 of whom were to be transported from Mims and LaGrange "comfortably seated" in a covered wagon. The wood frame schoolhouse housed the first Titusville High School.