Week of May 28 - Monday’s collection for garbage and yard waste will be on Tuesday and Tuesday’s collection will be on Wednesday. There will be no other changes for the week.
The City of Titusville, Florida / Emergency Management / NewsLearn the Five P's of Emergency Evacuation
|ADVANCE PREPARATION IS THE KEY WHEN FACED WITH EMERGENCY EVACUATIONS
If it becomes necessary to evacuate your home for any reason, remember the Five P’s of Evacuation (People, Prescriptions, Papers, Personnel Needs and Priceless Items)
- Make sure to evacuate all people in the household and/or building.
- If it is still safe, evacuate all pets, other animals and livestock to a safe location.
- Make sure to have at least a 30-day supply of medications and a handwritten prescription by your doctor for refills, if circumstances require a longer stay away from home.
- Make sure to have all of your medicines in one location in case you have to leave suddenly, including any medical equipment that you may need.
- Be sure to have extra batteries and the power cords for any medical equipment you may be bringing with you.
- It is very important to bring your eyeglasses (including a written prescription from your eye doctor in case of breakage) and hearing aids with extra batteries in case they are needed.
- All important documents need to be in a central location in a waterproof bag.
- Important documents include medical records, birth certificates, social security cards, passports and your pet’s vaccination records.
- Be sure to have all hard copies, and electronic copies saved on an external hard drive or portable thumb drive.
- Personal needs include clothes, enough food and water for three days (include enough for your pets).
- First Aid Kit, cash and cell phones (include vehicle and 110v chargers).
- Required specialty items for those who have disabilities and others with access and/or functional needs, such as older adults, children, and those with limited English proficiency.
- Priceless items include pictures, irreplaceable mementos, and other valuables. TIP: In advance, take the time to scan family photos to a thumb drive to take with you.
For more information on the Five P’s of Evacuation, click on How to Prepare for a Hurricane guide or contact Life Safety Specialist Heather Gilmore at heather.gilmore@titusvi
Email Disclaimer: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.