Thanksgiving Week: Thursday’s pickup for garbage, recycling and yard trash will be on Wednesday. There will be no other changes for the week.
CAUTION: The City of Titusville has received several complaints from citizens in reference to receiving fraudulent telephone calls from subjects claiming to be with the utility department. If you receive a telephone call of this nature and are unsure about the origin of the call, please immediately hang up and contact your local law enforcement agency for further assistance.
The City of Titusville, Florida / Fire & Emergency Services / NewsCelebrate EMS WeekCALL TO CARE
- In 1973, President Gerald Ford authorized Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week to celebrate EMS, its practitioners and the important work they do in responding to medical emergencies.
- EMS was then a fledgling profession and EMS practitioners were only beginning to be recognized as a critical component of emergency medicine and the public health safety net.
- EMS is now firmly established as a key component of the medical care continuum.
- EMS practitioners play an important role in saving lives from sudden cardiac arrest and trauma; in getting people to the hospitals best equipped to treat heart attacks and strokes; and in showing caring and compassion to their patients in their most difficult moments.
- Titusville’s Emergency Medical Service employees are there for our community and at your greatest time of need.
NAEMT-ACEP EMS Week Partnership
- This year, NAEMT continues its partnership with the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) on the EMS Strong campaign. Together, NAEMT and ACEP are working to ensure that the important contributions of EMS practitioners in safeguarding the health, safety and wellbeing of their communities are fully celebrated and recognized.
- EMS Week brings together local communities and medical personnel to honor the dedication of those who provide the day-to-day lifesaving services of medicine's "front line."
- EMS Week is also an opportunity to publicize those contributions. Given the challenges facing our nation's healthcare system and the rapid pace of change, making sure the public and other stakeholders understand what EMS has to offer has never been more important.
- Whether celebrated with a company cookout or a catered lunch; an open house, an awards ceremony or even quiet reflection about what it means to be an EMS practitioner, EMS Week is the perfect time to recognize EMS and all that its practitioners do for our nation.
For more information on EMS Week, go to NAEMT Serving our nation’s EMS practitioners.