Thanksgiving Week: Thursday’s pickup for garbage, recycling and yard trash will be on Wednesday. There will be no other changes for the week.
CAUTION: The City of Titusville has received several complaints from citizens in reference to receiving fraudulent telephone calls from subjects claiming to be with the utility department. If you receive a telephone call of this nature and are unsure about the origin of the call, please immediately hang up and contact your local law enforcement agency for further assistance.
The City of Titusville, Florida / Fire & Emergency Services / NewsSpringing Forward into Fire Safety
|Change the Batteries in Your Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detectors When You Move Your Clocks Forward in Time:
Sunday, March 13, 2016 @ 2:00 a.m.
- Replace the batteries in your Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors.
- Test your battery-operated Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors monthly and keep the units free of dust and dirt.
- If the detector's low battery warning "chirps", replace the battery immediately. Make sure to install the new battery correctly and test right away.
- Replace smoke detectors every 8 to 10 years and test newly installed smoke detectors immediately.
- Practice your family Fire Safety Plan at least twice a year, including Exit Drills in The Home (E.D.I.T.H).
For further fire safety tips and information, contact Life Safety Specialist Heather Gilmore, Titusville Fire and Emergency Services 1-321-567-3800 or firstname.lastname@example.org