Thanksgiving Week: Thursday’s pickup for garbage, recycling and yard trash will be on Wednesday. There will be no other changes for the week.
CAUTION: The City of Titusville has received several complaints from citizens in reference to receiving fraudulent telephone calls from subjects claiming to be with the utility department. If you receive a telephone call of this nature and are unsure about the origin of the call, please immediately hang up and contact your local law enforcement agency for further assistance.
The City of Titusville, Florida / Fire & Emergency Services / NewsVehicle Trunks Can Be Fatal to Children
||From 2005 to 2009, 16 children trapped in trunks resulted in their deaths, due to poor ventilation and high temperatures within the trunk.
Safety tips in and around vehicle trunks
- Lock vehicles and trunks when vehicle is not in use.
- Place all keys out of sight and out of the reach of children at all times.
- Teach children that trunks are for the transport of cargo only.
- Make sure children understand that trunks are not a safe place to hide in or play in.
- Ensure rear fold-down seats are closed to prevent children from entering the trunk from the inside.
- If your child is missing, GET HELP IMMEDIATELY!
- For missing children, check swimming pools, vehicles and trunks!
- Ensure older children know where the emergency trunk release is located in vehicles manufactured after September 1, 2001.
- Remember, young children may not have the strength or ability to open the emergency release bar found in trunks.
Steps to follow if a child is found locked in a car
- Quickly remove the child from the vehicle!
- Call 9-1-1 immediately!
- Emergency personnel are trained to evaluate and check for signs of heat stroke or breathing difficulties.
- If the child is not breathing, begin CPR.