Week of May 28 - Monday’s collection for garbage and yard waste will be on Tuesday and Tuesday’s collection will be on Wednesday. There will be no other changes for the week.
The City of Titusville, Florida / Fire & Emergency Services / NewsPractice Water Safety at Home
Whether you’re bathing your baby in the sink or splashing around with your toddler in the bathtub, water is great fun for kids. But around water, safety must come first, always!
||WATER SAFETY AT HOME
BASIC WATER SAFETY TIPS TO FOLLOW
- Drowning is the leading cause of injury-related death among children between 1 and 4 years old.
- Drowning is the third leading cause of death among children.
- Children are never to be left unattended in or around water.
- Babies can drown in as little as one inch of water.
- Children are to be given 100 percent of their parent's or caregiver's attention in and around water.
- Tubs, buckets, containers and wading pools are to be emptied after use. These items should be stored upside down and out of the reach of children at all times.
- Toilet lids should be kept closed when not in use. Toilet seat locks should be placed on toilets to prevent drowning.
- Keep doors to all bathrooms and the laundry rooms closed to prevent child access.
- All parents should learn CPR. Parents will receive peace of mind by learning CPR.
Email Disclaimer: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.