The City of Titusville, Florida / Support Services / Marina / NewsMunicipal Marina Announces New Dockmaster
Captain Ron Thorstad has been selected to replace retired Donald Post as the new Dock Master at the Titusville Municipal Marina. Donald Post retired December 31, 2014 after 19 years of outstanding service to the Marina and the City of Titusville. Marina Manager, Mark Leslie says that although Ron will have some very large shoes to fill, he brings over 30 years of maritime experience, marketing and a strong commitment to guest services to our dedicated marina team.
Ron’s unique qualifications include:
- USCG 100 ton master mariner license utilized in creating and operating a successful boat tour business,
- Operating vessels of all sizes around the world,
- Managing a busy diving and charter operation in St. Croix, USVI,
- Managing a very remote fishing and diving resort on the island of Guanaja, Honduras,
- Managing a local kayaking business and training beginning kayakers,
- Teaching scuba, sailing and boat operations throughout the Caribbean, Bahamas, South Pacific and the Mediterranean,
- Training ultralight pilots and giving local aerial tours,
- P.A.D.I master scuba instructor,
- Past Red cross instructor in first aid, CPR and water safety,
The Titusville Municipal Marina is open seven days a week can accommodate vessels up to 120’ and has slips for over 200 vessels with amenities that include:
- Separate, dedicated pump-out and fuel docks with diesel and ethanol free gas,
- 28’ pump-out / fire rescue vessel,
- 32 moorings for vessels up to 60’,
- Well stocked “Ship’s Store”,
- Dedicated dingy dock and dingy storage,
- Clean showers and restrooms,
- Coin operated laundry with paperback lending library.
The new 3 lane boat ramp bordering the north side of the marina and the dog park are big draws for local as well and cruising boaters. During the busy fall and spring months, a large “Cruisers Van” is available to take marina and mooring field guests to local restaurants and businesses.
For more information about the Titusville Municipal Marina, please stop by or call (321) 383-5600.
451 Marina Rd, Titusville, FL 32796