BEING PREPARED ON THE GO
This week’s preparedness effort is focused on being prepared when you are on the go, this means either at home or work when an emergency strikes.
To prepare for an emergency when you are on the go, you should:
· When traveling, familiarize yourself with the evacuation procedures in any new office or in a hotel.
· Prepare a car safety kit and include, at least: sufficient water, a blanket or warm clothes, some small tools, walking shoes, and flares. Other useful car kit items to include are: jumper cables, a cell phone and charger, and a power inverter or solar charger.
· Carry pocket-sized copy of critical mobile phone numbers in a wallet, hand bag, or briefcase.
· Learn which local radio stations broadcast emergency information.
· Always keep your car's gas tank at least half full.
· Always have some cash on hand for an emergency, since the convenience of ATMs or credit cards may not always be an option.
Learn more about preparing for potential emergencies and how you can prepare at Ready.gov.
GET A KIT. GET A PLAN. BE INFORMED.