City of Titusville Police Department
Contacts: Sergeant Jeff King – Criminal Investigations Division
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
The Titusville Police Department has noticed an increased number of vehicle burglaries and vehicle thefts lately. This trend seems to coincide with summer break and the increase in unsupervised juveniles. With this in mind, we want to remind people that there are a number of basic factors that can affect your chances of being a victim of crime.
The following are steps that the Titusville Police Department has taken to help protect the community:
· Re-assigned Detectives to evening hours to better and more quickly follow up on leads and investigate crimes.
· Allowed special units the flexibility to work at the times of highest criminal activity.
· Teamed with the Department of Juvenile Justice as well as Probation and Parole.
· Designated special patrols to target specific criminal activities such as auto theft.
Titusville Police urge all citizens to help protect themselves by following these basic crime prevention tips:
· Remove all valuables from your vehicle.
· Roll up windows and lock doors.
· Park in well lit areas or increase lighting.
· Add an anti-theft device like an alarm or “the Club”
· (Most Importantly) Call in suspicious people and suspicious activity to local police or 911.