APPLICATION FOR TENANT ASSISTANCE
FUNDS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOT BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME
The Tenant Assistance Program was established in an effort to prevent homelessness in Titusville, by providing monetary assistance to displaced renters or the homeless who are in need of a one-time payment to assist in obtaining affordable rental housing.
Assistance is provided only one-time. Maximum assistance per household is up to $800.00.
The following are examples of qualifying criteria (must provide proof):
Lost or loosing current residence or rental due to no fault of your own
Loss of current residence or rental due to legal separation or divorce
Relocation due to domestic violence
Homeless, as defined by HUD The following are reasons for disqualification":
If you wish to apply for assistance, please complete the questions below.
Evicted from last rental due to non-payment, criminal actions, property destruction
Previous security deposit assistance provided through the City or another agency
Ability to pay without assistance
Ability to secure help from family members
* PLEASE ENTER YOUR CURRENT PHYSICAL ADDRESS. IF HOMELESS, ENTER THE WORD "HOMELESS"
* PLEASE CHOOSE WHICH TYPE OF ASSISTANCE YOU NEED Choose One UTILITY DEPOSIT SECURITY DEPOSIT BOTH UTILITY AND SECURITY
* IF YOU ANSWERED "YES" TO THE ABOVE-QUESTION AND YOU ARE CURRENTLY WORKING WITH ANOTHER AGENCY FOR ASSISTANCE OR SERVICES, PLEASE ENTER THE AGENCY'S NAME, ADDRESS, AND CONTACT PERSON WITH WHOM YOU ARE WORKING WITH
* IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY RENTING, PLEASE ENTER YOUR LANDLORD'S NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, AND WHEN YOUR LEASE IS UP. IF YOU ARE HOMELESS, PLEASE STATE SO.
* IF YOU HAVE LOCATED A NEW PLACE TO RENT, PLEASE ENTER THE NAME OF THE APARTMENT COMPLEX, ADDRESS, LANDLORD'S NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION, AND THE AMOUNT REQUIRED TO MOVE IN
* IF YOU ANSWERED "YES" TO PREVIOUS QUESTION, PLEASE ENTER THE DATE YOU RECEIVED ASSISTANCE, AND FROM WHO.
* ARE YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOSEHOLD CONSIDERED IS "SPECIAL NEEDS PERSON." A PERSON MEETING THIS DEFINITION WOULD BE ONE WHO RECEIVES SSDI, SSI, VETERANS' DISABILITY BENEFITS, ADULT PERSON REQUIRING INDEPENDENT LIVING SERVICES, YOUNG ADULT FORMERLY IN FOSTER CARE, OR A SURVIOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. Choose One Yes NO
Applicants will be ranked for assistance based on a first-qualified, first-served basis. Priority will be given to the following groups in the following order:
Your participation in the program is strictly voluntary. Please note that there are certain qualification criteria that you must meet. Please be advised that once an application is submitted it becomes a public record. The City does not share sensitive information such as social security numbers or other protected forms of identification and personal information. However, case files are made available for review by State of Florida agencies as part of audit and monitoring of the City's programs. Persons considered "homeless"
Persons with "Special Needs" or who have a "Developmental Disability"
Elderly or school aged households
Essential Services Personnel
All other applicants served for the first-time